Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery

(Topic created on: 18-03-2024 09:17 PM)
Dan565
Explorer
Options
Hello all, Google play services seems to be using about 7 hours in background and same goes for the Samsung health app. Do you have any solution for this thanks?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That normally happens with always ON location permissions and stuff.

Also the s21 series and older have this Google play services issues.

Samsung seems to have fixed them atleast it's not a problem on the s24 series.
Dan565
Explorer
Options
Ah okay, so it is a Samsung issue with the older devices and that's no problem, also Google app used to be the same as well around 7-8 hours in the background, but I got that back to normal again. Thanks for telling me though.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Lots of apps use Google services in the background so it's a bit tricky to point out one app or issue.

You will probably see it more when using say Google maps as its one of the apps which uses location all the time.

Same like if you have Google find my phone or Samsung etc.
They are what you would call necessary evil apps.
0 Likes
Dan565
Explorer
Options
Thanks for letting me know.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Google play services will always use background resources and it's basically baked into android devices. Nothing much can be done unless you completely sign out of everything google, but then you'd have a pretty much useless brick. No play store, no services, but even then I'm not sure it'll stop access. In any event, it's normal and doesn't take too much battery unless you're using mobile data with a poor signal.
0 Likes