Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S20 Ultra unable to connect to PC to transfer data via USB.

(Topic created on: 20-08-2021 03:59 PM)
BuzzardFlight
First Poster
Options

As the title suggests I am having difficulty connecting my phone to my Windows 10 PC via USB, the phone will charge via USB (slow charge) but I am unable to see the phone as a device on my PC and or transfer any data to the PC.

I know its an issue with permissions, but just can work out how to change the USB permissions. a google search has proven fruitless as the many suggestions given just dont have the same screens or versions of software as me.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @BuzzardFlight  I would suggest you go to Developer options, if you do have this enabled already you need to go to  Settings-About Phone-Software Information-Build no .    Tap Build no 7 times, for anyone interested in more details see here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-turn-on-the-developer-options-menu-on-my-... 

In Developer options scroll sown till you see Default USB configuration  (it is quite far down), here you will see options such as  Transferring Files,Charging Phone only.  Choose your preferred Default you can change this at a later date.  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Scuba8
First Poster
Options
How to transfer data from S20 to plug in USB stick
0 Likes
Nat84Horsham
First Poster
Options
Yeah mine has just started saying moisture detected when I stick my USB stick in! There is no moisture in my charging port! Must be a software update issue
0 Likes