Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s20 5g

(Topic created on: 21-10-2023 03:44 PM)
hotpot
Journeyman
Options
Hi everyone 
Can someone pls help me as my samsung s20 have a message camera failed and I done all the usual stuff that I've read online and even replaced the mother board and still show message 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Hudz
Voyager
Options
When replacing the motherboard, was the camera module also replaced? If the phone was working fine appart from the camera it would make more sense to replace the camera module instead of the whole motherboard.
hotpot
Journeyman
Options
That's the one part I haven't yet just asking would it work if I get a new module because I have another motherboard that tells me the same message.
0 Likes
Hudz
Voyager
Options
I think then I might me the camera module itself that's not working, assuming the rest of the phone is still working fine. Or might be a case you might have mixed up the camera module itself to an incompatible unit, if that's possible?
0 Likes
hotpot
Journeyman
Options
Yes everything else on the phone works
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@hotpot  You may have  tried some of these but as you have not specified Troubleshooting worth  mentioning these just in case.

Have you checked your permissions to see all is ok there/ Apps-Camera-Permissions. Are on you the latest camera update and are you able to Reset the camera, via Settings- Reset Settings in the app. An idea to Force stop via Apps-Camera and then clear cache via storage-Clear Data and cache.

could also try in Safe Mode: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/

If no resolution advisable to wipe the cache partition to clear temporary files, data is intact.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

can also repair apps via the same Recovery Menu.

If there are still issues check the Diagnostics to see if any errors are identified. Go to Samsung Members-Support-Diagnostics-Camera. However the Camera Module may need to be replaced.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.