Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung 20FE music continually pausing after a few seconds - minutes via multiple Bluetooth devices.

(Topic created on: 23-10-2021 03:49 PM)
Lumberjack1844
Apprentice
Options

Samsung 20FE music continually pausing after a few seconds - minutes via multiple Bluetooth devices. Does not pause playing straight through the phone, however. 

I use Spotify but also tried SiriusXM both pause music via any Bluetooth device and tried the following solutions suggested on the internet.
Restarted phone
Tried 4 different Bluetooth devices with the same result

Separate app sound to Bluetooth device
Turned off/ Bluetooth
Unpaired Bluetooth device 

Spotify app:
Uninstalled Spotify app and reinstalled
Logged out everywhere and changed password
Set bandwidth to low but it is playing downloaded music

Battery settings:
1. Power saving mode is OFF
2. Background usage limits  - Ensured Spotify is not listed in Sleeping apps or deep sleeping apps.
3. Apps settings - Allow background activity greyed out with toggle to right,  and Optimize battery usage Spotify is "Not optimized" 

Samsung 20FE
Android version 11
last successful update October 2, 2021
Version G780FXXS6CU12 / G780F0W0FCU12 /  G780FXXS6CU12 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lumberjack1844
Apprentice
Options

After trying everything I tried another phone and all worked fine. I then decided to hard reset the phone as I have probably spent the same amount of time checking all settings than rebuilding the phone configuration. 

When using Smart Switch to restore choose everything EXCEPT "Settings" to reconfigure the phone. This is the quickest way to restore the phone after wiping only having to reconfigure settings. Suggest do a backup of phone settings after reconfiguring and confirming BT is working as intended so you have a restore point.

One thing I noted was the phone played Spotify fine in the car via BT but wouldn't play on every other device I tried. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Lumberjack1844
Apprentice
Options

UPDATE did not solve the problem. Sometimes after restarting music a bunch of times it sometimes plays - it's sketchy. I give up and figure it out am assuming it is something with the OS and will eventually resolve itself as I am sure I am not the only one.

• I have followed all instructions on the internet as above. 
  • I installed all Bluetooth and sound toggle apps
  • I also "separate app sound"

gpiwill
First Poster
Options

I'm having the exact same issue with bluetooth on spotify and audible on my s20. Pauses every few seconds to a minute on it's own. It's only started happening over the last few days without me changing anything. Last week everything worked great. I've tried all the background and battery settings, tried multiple bluetooth headphones and speakers and keep getting the same problem. Do you mind sharing your fix?

0 Likes
ColeB
First Poster
Options

Thanks for doing the troubleshooting legwork. Had to uninstall Volume Ace and the problem went away immediately.

0 Likes
Solution
Lumberjack1844
Apprentice
Options

After trying everything I tried another phone and all worked fine. I then decided to hard reset the phone as I have probably spent the same amount of time checking all settings than rebuilding the phone configuration. 

When using Smart Switch to restore choose everything EXCEPT "Settings" to reconfigure the phone. This is the quickest way to restore the phone after wiping only having to reconfigure settings. Suggest do a backup of phone settings after reconfiguring and confirming BT is working as intended so you have a restore point.

One thing I noted was the phone played Spotify fine in the car via BT but wouldn't play on every other device I tried. 

0 Likes
Members_S6z6k9B
First Poster
Options

Solved 

I also have the s20fe .

Had the exact same problem......all Bluetooth devices would pause ....car headphones......speakers.

Finally solved.

Go to settings then apps........go to Spotify.

Then go down to battery .....it's near the bottom....and select unrestricted.👍👍

Job done........so far.....hasn't done it again