Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20fe

(Topic created on: 14-04-2021 10:01 PM)
Ccryder38
Student
Options

I am trying to figure out why my wife's Samsung A11 has service and my s20fe does not, we are both on t-mobile in the same rual spot. It perplexes me why a $200 phone can have reception and a $700 does not I am having to hot spot of her phone to post this...!

5 REPLIES 5
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
Please have a look at ur network settings.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you try choosing another network in your phone's connection settings and then re choose your own network @Ccryder38  

Also try the reset network connection in your phone's settings.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look at your phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Kris G
Voyager
Options

yea, had that happen while traveling to a diff country, my other phone switched instantly the carrier, but not the S20Ultra, it had no service and i had to switch it manually and choose a carrier.....it is sad, i paid much more for the phone than you did 😅
anyway, it looks like it got fixed on my end, there was a dedicated carrier service update like 1 week ago or so, seems to have fixed the prob;

and no, unlike others suggest, it is the phones fault, not yours 😏
if i were you i would expect more things to fail on this phone, seems to be normal for S20 series

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
Ccryder38
Student
Options

Thanks for the suggestions everyone I tried choosing other networks and reseting the APN but nothing helps ,I guess it seems simply the A11 has a superior antenna ...Samsung should have done better than that...!

0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

it's the software not the hardware, same phone programmed by huawei or xiaomi would do better;
putting that aside, in automatic mode where the phone chooses the carrier it wouldn't do anything on my side, but manually i could, and later on switching back to auto, it actually kept the carrier....but who knows now, few minutes ago i had 16 updates, another carrier service update was there too 😅 Screenshot_20210414-225808_Google Play Store.jpg

i am afraid of what did they broke now while attempting to fix something else

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;