Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Upgrade Lounge Issues

(Topic created on: 12-02-2020 08:36 AM)
Michaelolah
Journeyman
Options

Keep trying to upgrade my s10 plus to the new S20 however everytime I get to the klarna page where it asks certain details boom the tab crashes and I complete the upgrade anyone else having the same problem?

913 REPLIES 913
Ivi10
First Poster
Options

I am having issues using the upgrade programme.

As I've been deciding whether to go ahead with it or not I had put it off for a while, then when I finally decided I would go ahead I get declined and then Samsung customer service ask me to try it several times again but still get declined and they told me to contact Klarna who said it was Samsung who needs to look into this.

I've contacted online, video and over the phone to get help from Samsung and they have extended my upgrade window and asked me to try again and I got declined again!

Samsung really need to sort this out, it's very frustrating and I don't want to keep trying it as I'm concerned about how many times my credit file is searched and marked by Klarna.

0 Likes
H11hdc
First Poster
Options

I had exactly the same issue , blame was put on Samsung giving incorrect upgrade date and then it was their decision.  So disappointed as I dare not reapply as suggested by Klarna.  

0 Likes
Darrenltd
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same problem, I complained to Samsung and klarna as well as Trans union. Nothing done, no reason to reject my upgrade 

0 Likes
topoff
First Poster
Options

So it's now August and the note 20 is up for pre order. Tried to access the upgrade lounge, and surprise surprise, I get a repeat of the same issue that's been plaguing the site on previous flagship releases. When hitting the upgrade button after entering your details, all you eventually get is the page footer at the top of the screen.

Samsung's after sales care has always been rubbish. Particularly in the UK, as we all know Samsung favours the US market. I'm guessing they dont have these issues in the US.  That being said Samsung's phones have always had the technical  edge on the competition and that was enough of a reason to buy their phones. In 2020 that's not so much the case.

As always Samsung seems interested in one thing only, and that's getting your money. After that you're on your own. Funny how Samsung likes to copy Apple in many ways, but one thing they never try to emulate, is Apples after sales care. They might keep a few more customers if they did.

I'm giving serious consideration to not upgrading, and just holding on to the old phone. It's not worth the aggravation. Shame really, but that's Samsung for you.

0 Likes