Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 5G keeps restarting

(Topic created on: 12-04-2023 02:01 PM)
kam2005
Apprentice
Options
Hi can someone help it keeps restarting goes into reboot loop... works fine then restarts again. I have already done factory reset... makes no difference even did reboot loop after doing factory reset with all data erased 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @kam2005 , Have you tried entering Safe Mode?  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/  If the problem does not present itself here it would suggest a problem with 3rd party apps (outwith the play stores) if you have any of these installed.

Another idea is to wipe the cache partition , temporary files are deleted but data is kept intact (even if you have tried the Factory Reset).  This is generally advisable after updates.

Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

kam2005
Apprentice
Options
Hi James, yes i still have issue in safe mode, have already tried clearing partition cache and factory reset. At this point it seems I am out of options its a newish phone which I really like.
0 Likes
kam2005
Apprentice
Options
From the error reports Samsung have said this is a hardware problem despite it being a relatively new phone costing £700 they want me to pay for the repair even though its their fault and other people have this issue?
TheManofMilk
First Poster
Options

Hey @JAMES4578 , I was having the same issue as stated above and your suggestion to complete the wipe cache partition got my phone back up and running. Just wanted to say thank you so much for the suggestion and the easy-to-follow instructions!

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Glad it helped 🙂

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Members_EsJpsqm
Student
Options

Me too, have same issue.

0 Likes