Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S20+ randomly playing the same song/tune.

(Topic created on: 20-04-2023 04:05 PM)
JackTingley96
Student
Options

In the past few days my S20+ has randomly started playing a song/tune. it sounds like a tune from a game or something but nothing is open on my phone, all apps shut down. usually have to restart the phone to have it stop. i have attached a video with the sound if anyone has any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Ry-Galaxy
Pathfinder
Options
You could try booting your device in to safe mode, if it still happens you know its not a third party app, then deleting some applications you've downloaded to try find the culprit
0 Likes
freddiexx
First Poster
Options
Hi I have a samsung note 10+ and have been having this same issue (same sound) for about a year each time I'll have to restart my phone multiple times and go on an app deletion spree, but it always comes back after a month or two even though I haven't re downloaded any of the apps.
0 Likes
BigDawgJambo
First Poster
Options
I can't believe someone else is having the same issue as me haha. So random, did you ever get to the end of it?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@BigDawgJambo: Next time you hear the unidentified song, try heading to Settings > Notifications > Recently sent, to see if any apps are listed that correspond with the time you encountered the song. If you're able to identify the relevant app, tap on it and explore your notification settings from here. 

Further to the above, you can also try uninstalling any third party apps that you have added since you first encountered the audio, as it is likely, based on the nature of the issue, that this is stemming from an external source.

0 Likes
JackTingley96
Student
Options

Hi,

I'm glad but not glad at the same time others had the same issue as me. I never really found what this was the only thing I can assume is that it was from an app/game that I downloaded online and not from the app store but could never track this down. I have since factory reset my phone and started from scratch will all apps. this seems to have resolved the issue, really not ideal but I'm just glad I no longer have to hear the sound again.

0 Likes
nathanro
First Poster
Options
It took me a long time, mine would start playing the same song on spotify - always the same song, at different times, I could stop it from the screen lock.
I reset some permissions on my galaxy yesterday (allowed to install unsafe programs because I like telegram from the telegram website not the official stores) but I digress.
I had this issue with an older phone, and this morning it starts with a new phone and I just knew... RUTINES
The wake up rutine had samsung play "motivation" playlist (not mine)
So whenever I started using my samsung the song would start, even at 3 in the morning.
I went to the notification list... saw that 2 routins are active (morning and home) and sure enough there it was, spotify.... so all you have to do is edit and remove which ever source your phone decided it is the one to use.
Let me know if this worked for you. I am not very active here but I thought this is important to share.
0 Likes