Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery sudden extreme drop

(Topic created on: 05-04-2023 06:31 PM)
Members_dA0QRKb
First Poster
Options

My phone was at 20% today and suddenly turned off; just before completely turning off the "Samsung" logo appeared on screen, like when it's about to restart. It wasn't turning on again so i plugged it in and it showed 0% battery: it took a good 15 minutes before it reached 5% and i could turn it on again.

At this point, it randomly started downloading and installing what i think was a system update (it showed the One UI logo - i think, it was very quick); once it was done (a couple of minutes) i left it charging, only to see that it was at 15% after almost 30 minutes. I plugged it out and and tried three different charges (that i know work correctly) but to no avail: it kept showing that the estimated charging time was 32 hours (!) and as soon as i tried to plug it out, the battery started dropping literally 1% per minute. 

I cleaned all the cache, looked for updates, the phone itself is optimized and the charging (according to the phone test) works correctly, but still its taking an hour just to charge just 10%. It's now at 25% and the estimated charging time is 6 hours.

Does anyone know what could be the problem? Is it some recent update? It was working more than fine up until a few hours ago, with the battery lasting a whole day+.

3 REPLIES 3
keith30
Maestro
Options
Sounds if your battery has died and needs replacing. It should never take 32hours to charge it. Take it to a service centre or a phone provider.
AnaSeregor
Journeyman
Options

I have a similar issue with my s20 too but not that alarming 

You should definitely replace your battery cuz the last update didn't bring life to the all batteries that are dy!ng

0 Likes
Albags2002
Pioneer
Options
Sounds like battery. I also have an S8 Ultra, and it does exactly that! Collapses sometimes from a high charge to zero. Then needs charging.
0 Likes