Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent firmware has phone restarting randomly and freezing

(Topic created on: 08-01-2023 10:13 AM)
NHPIXELSPHOTOGRAPHY
Pathfinder
Options
Has any other s20fe owners had their device randomly freezing or shutting down/rebooting. I have also noticed the device is warner than normal.

Note update was Dec 1 2022

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29
AndrewL
Options

@NHPIXELSPHOTOGRAPHY: How often do you encounter the freezing/resets? If you head to Settings > Battery and device care > Device protection > Scan phone, does this flag any issues? 

To check if the issue is stemming from an external source, please try restarting the phone in Safe Mode. To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode. Monitor the performance for a few hours, depending on the frequency of the problem. If the phone doesn't freeze or restart while Safe Mode is enabled, please restart your phone and uninstall any third party apps that you have introduced to the device since you first encountered the issue. 

0 Likes
Jonesy1
Pioneer
Options
Join the club, mine has been doing it since Novembers update to 13. Factory reset does not work so don't bother
Jonesy1
Pioneer
Options
Makes no difference
0 Likes
NHPIXELSPHOTOGRAPHY
Pathfinder
Options
For now I have reset all permissions for all apps and sensors and restarted (not full reset phone) and appear to be OK will report back soon if this fixes it.
NHPIXELSPHOTOGRAPHY
Pathfinder
Options
Today same thing20230110_082009_1000024150_1673338809.jpg
0 Likes
MemberA
Apprentice
Options
Mine as well...
S22 plus. It's doing this restart and freezing after new updated version.Screenshot_20230110_203004_Samsung Members.jpg
NHPIXELSPHOTOGRAPHY
Pathfinder
Options
What model is you phone?
0 Likes
NHPIXELSPHOTOGRAPHY
Pathfinder
Options
Did a safe mode reset for a day and all was fine then then this came up again it does this every 2 day ish. Anyone still getting this issue? Think it relates to android 13? Or just s20 s21 s22 range?Screenshot_20230112_082559_Samsung Members.jpg
Jonesy1
Pioneer
Options
I have the s21 ultra, still no luck so I have Samsung looking at the phone tomorrow