Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 5G (or 4G option) on my galaxy s20

(Topic created on: 14-07-2021 08:55 AM)
Star1117
Apprentice
Options

Hi, so I bought a galaxy s20 unlocked from Samsung last April for a while now I've been kind of confused as to why my signal never shows that it's in 4g. I've contacted my carrier and they've assured me that my phone is running on 4g data. Its a very obscure network company (h2o wireless) But I have no options under mobile networks for anything higher then 2g/3g/LTE. I was also told that my Sim card was not a factor as well. 

I've tried resting my phones wireless networks. And clearing out the cache after rebooting in safe mode. But to no avail. I don't know why the option for 4g won't even show up much less 5g. 

10 REPLIES 10
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Please can you confirm the exact model of your phone and the current software version. This can be found in settings, about phone
0 Likes
Star1117
Apprentice
Options

The model is sm-g988u1

And it's running on the android 11.

0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
That means you have the Galaxy S20 Ultra
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
There was an LTE only version of the S20 Ultra which was released and you may have bought one of those but I don't think the model number you provided is for an LTE Only S20 Ultra as the model number for the S20 Ultra 5G is SM-G988B or SM-G988U1
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks, please go to settings, about phone, software information and confirm baseband version.
0 Likes
Star1117
Apprentice
Options

The box says that it's an ultra 5G and when I turn the phone on it says the same thing

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Please see my post above and let me know your baseband version. Also, please go to Play Store and download Devcheck app and report back with the processor info under the hardware tab.
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Oh ok so it is definitely an Ultra 5G from the info you told me so I don't know why there wouldn't be a 5G option on your phone
0 Likes
Star1117
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20210807-084546_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210807-085106_DevCheck.jpg

  here is the info sorry it took so long to respond. 

0 Likes