Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My s20 plus almost burst into fire

(Topic created on: 03-09-2022 09:35 AM)
Denizelm
Student
Options

I have  been using my Samsung s20 plus since 03.01.2021. I have never used anything other than the original charger (obsessive about it due to previous experiences). The device has not been subject to any water, not damaged etc. 

2 days ago the device was in my pocket, screen locked, all apps closed. And suddenly it heated to the point that it burnt my finger. The heat was more prominent in the lower half so I have managed to turn it off but it kept on heating more for a while, worrying us to the point that we had waited with a fire extinguisher for 20 minutes before it started cooling off.

I have taken it to your service and I was told this was a software issue and they have claimed to have fixed it and everything should be working properly. 

However the fingerprint sensor is no longer working (I believe it was damaged due to the extreme heat since it lays directly at the place where the phone heated most). Some basic apps such as twitter are not working either. 

And the thing is, my phone is critical for me. My job requires me to be reachable 24/7, I'm an attending physician and most residents call me even at odd hours to consult on critical cases. So I am supposed to keep my phone close when I sleep. I am freaking out since I can no longer trust this phone which has heated to a point that it can seriously hurt me.

Help desk has told me to expect a call from them and not use my phone in the mean time, but you can grasp the irony of expecting a phone call while my phone is turned off. 

I no longer trust this device, which is obviously not working properly even if you can overlook its' tad homicidal tendencies. How should I proceed? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Denizelm 

Samsung take instances like this very seriously and understand that safety is paramount.

As you have lost faith in the phone and the reasons you state that you need to be reachable at all time's my advice is to remove the sim card and use another phone in the interim while Samsung reach put to you in order to resolve this.

Possibly friends , family or work colleagues will have a spare / back up phone to loan you or purchase a cheap phone to put you on.

I wish you all the best.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Hey there, @Denizelm. We'd definitely like to look into this with you. 

Are you based in the UK or IE? If so, please send a private message to @Sam_UKby following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Denizelm
Student
Options

Hi @DannyT , thanks for your reply. I am based in Turkey and Samsung  customer service in Turkey doesn't seem to grasp the severity of the issue or even worse, they simply don't care. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Denizelm: I absolutely understand your concerns. If the overheating issue has persisted following the repair at your local Service Centre, then please get back in touch with the support team in your region at your earliest convenience, and an advisor will be able to arrange a further inspection. We provide a repair based warranty, and take matters of customer safety very seriously, so this would be the best course of action to give you some peace of mind, and bring your phone back to its best. Please accept my apologies for any distress this may have caused you. 

0 Likes