Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Can I revert to Android 11 after I have updated to Android 12 on Samsung s20 fe? Will warranty be valid after downgrade?

(Topic created on: 29-04-2022 11:05 AM)
ea1975
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Can I revert to Android 11 after I have updated to Android 12 on Samsung s20 fe? Will warranty be valid after downgrade?  I bought my phone with android 11 and updated to android 12.  I didn't use any rom.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Maker ★
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi @ea1975  You cannot downgrade the software by official means,though  you can find information on various sites. 

It would though invalidate your warranty in any case.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 4.0,Android 12 Official Version.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Maker ★
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi @ea1975  You cannot downgrade the software by official means,though  you can find information on various sites. 

It would though invalidate your warranty in any case.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

ea1975
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Thanks.

Flintstone
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
i presume you could downgrade with a factory reset (reverts to the android version it was shipped with, but I would argue against it, ( you will also loose al security updates ) what do you dislike about android 12? probably there are ways around that
0 Likes
ea1975
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I don't dislike Android 12. The question is just  theoretical. I mean I want to know  what would happen if I wanted to do a downgrade. Thanks.

Actually, I am happy with Android 12. Everything is just fine.

JAMES4578
Samsung Maker ★
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

No a Factory Reset does not not downgrade the Android version , see some confirmation here https://mobilepains.com/does-factory-reset-remove-updates-android/ , anyway glad you seem to be happy with Android 12 @ea1975 .

0 Likes