Did you mean: 

Original topic:

App WiFi problems

(Topic created on: 10-10-2021 07:38 AM)
Ian Hewitt
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Can anyone help having problems with some apps not working over WiFi but work on 4g the apps are bbc weather,bbc news and hive . I have Samsung s20 fe Android 11 ,my wife has same problem she has huawei phone many thanks if someone can help.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Those of you affected by this issue, is it persistent across all Wi-Fi networks? If not, are you connected to a VPN via Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings? Have you tried checking the app settings themselves to see if there are any options available that prioritise Mobile Data over Wi-Fi? 

0 Likes
Dave_Wilkinson
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hi Andrew, yes same across all WiFi networks and not connected to any VPNs. Can't see anything specific on the apps about prioritisation but WiFi is on, data enabled etc. Any other suggestions?
0 Likes
Ian Hewitt
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi Andrew some apps work others just don’t work with WiFi turned on not connected to VPN app have no priority the only way I can get it to work is turning on mobile date only apps for the apps that don’t work any other suggestions as this uses my mobile data ? 

0 Likes
ReyL
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hey guys try this! Just turn on and wait 2 seconds aprox. Then turn it off, and this should solve any network problems. This just solve some of my apps not working with Wifi.

0 Likes
ReyL
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Turn on airplane mode, then turn it off, this should solve much of the s20 fe network problems. This solve some of my apps not workong with Wifi.

0 Likes