Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5GHz wifi network not visible

(Topic created on: 23-02-2023 05:21 PM)
Romster
Explorer
Options

running android 10 with the latest UI update my  wireless 5ghz SSID ( network) is not visible in available networks only see the 2 GHz network. I am able to manually create and add the 5 Ghz  network and connect but it doesnt stick  so isnt available the next time i    try to connect to  it. Ive seen other users report this issue on the internet so wondering if anyone has managed to find a working solution to resolve this?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
keith30
Maestro
Options
One of the issues I would say is that if your phone is only still on android 10 which I believe is wrong as it should be on at least android 13 so that may be why are having problems. Isn't this the same post you mentioned this morning 🤔
0 Likes
Romster
Explorer
Options

hi Kieth I am actually on 13( will edit my initial post.) I think i  might have found the solution now anyway as quite a few people are experincing this issue and apparently its to do with the channel number  which is used on routers for 5Ghz. most devices even my oldS7 and other android/ windows devices seem to  have more flexibility asto which  channels they can see. S20's seem t obe limited in the rage of channels whicg they can see and use. hopefully a fix will be rolled out but theworkaround seems to be to make a change on your router fir the 5 ghz  channel number and use a channel which the S20's can see. theres a good youtube video on the solution which includes enabling wifi developer mode and viewing the recommended channels for the 5 Ghz band. i now just need to see if my virgin router will allow me  to make the channel number change for the 5 Ghz

Romster
Explorer
Options

yea, sorry i posted it again as i couldn't find  my original post so thought it  hadn't been submitted 

0 Likes
Romster
Explorer
Options

the  issue is caused by the channel number which is being used by your router for the 5Ghz band. All of my other android devices and windows ones too see and are able to connect to my wifi's5 Ghz network Samsung'sS20 phones  seem to be limited  as to which channels they can see and use. There are numerous people globally having this issue so can only hope that a fix ( patch) for the Wi-Fi connection stack will be rolled out.  Till then the only way to  view and connect to  home 5 Ghz Wi-Fi is to  change the channel  for the 5Ghz band on your routers. ive tested and made the change and now my S20 FE 5G sees and connects automatically to the5GHz Wi-Fi network

monakh
Student
Options

Thank you so much. This was a problem with one of my older routers. I also wanted to say this isn't necessarily an issue with Samsung phones. When my Galaxy Fold 5 couldn't see the 5GHz network, neither could my iPad.

Changing the channel to 161 fixed it. Best not to leave the router setting to auto.  It's a router issue really.

0 Likes
Ox_Thobad
First Poster
Options

How were you able to solve this I'm also experiencing the same issue

0 Likes