Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen unlock beep

(Topic created on: 22-11-2019 06:58 PM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all , in the settings I have the  screen unlock sound off but I've been getting a random beep when I unlock the screen , anyone else have this irritating issue 

33 REPLIES 33
EricWong8808
First Poster
Options

Do u know how to off that sound?

0 Likes
Halucin8
Apprentice
Options

Do you have a case or wallet with a chip for wireless payment? It's the NFC that is triggering it to make the sound. If the card or whatever has the NFC chip in it needs to be close to the phone, you'll need to turn off the NFC on your phone to make it stop. I have a case I use for travel that holds a couple cards. I keep my travel ID and credit card with a chip. It would make that noise each time I unlocked my phone because the NFC chip would automatically read it. Hope this fixes your issue! 😁

Kidwholikestech
First Poster
Options

Hi ppl! I just wanted to say that the same thing happens to me with my Samsung s10e and it goes off when my phone is off and whenever i listen to music and plug in my headphones it immediately starts beeping, does anyone know a solution for this??

MrUser91
Apprentice
Options

Hi , turn off NFC and the beep should go away ! From top of the screen slide down the settings and it's on the second page and then the beep should go away :smiling-face: 

MrUser91
Apprentice
Options
Turn off NFC , then the beep should go away.
Yossy
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue whenever I unlock my phone it starts to beep like 5 times

I turned off NFC but it does not help

Anybody have a better solution

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
If you go to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > System Sounds and Vibration > Screen Lock Sound > Off, does this resolve your issue?
0 Likes
Yossy
First Poster
Options

I already turned off on lock sound and it still does it every time I unlock my screen on my phone will beep 5 times one after the other

0 Likes
Smithlandic
Apprentice
Options

That's the thing!!! It worked. Just added a card holder to my phone case and forgot to turn the NFC off my phone. You just saved my life.

Halucin8
Apprentice
Options
Hi. Did you try shutting off the NFC in your device yet?
0 Likes