Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New S10e "software update" option missing from setting and CTS profile match fail

(Topic created on: 30-09-2021 04:35 PM)
adarlevi
First Poster
Options

Hello I bought a new S10e device (SM-G970F), on the software info it have One UI 2.0, android 10 and level of android security patch from 1.3.2020.

I saw that I need to go to settings > check for software update, but there is no option like that on my settings bar, its just missing and there is nothing of that sort anywhere.

I tried to connect to smarts switch and it say that there are no updates available.

Another thing is that the device is not Play protect certified, I downloaded a Root checker, the device is not rooted but it says that "CTS profile match fail" on safety net status.

I really don't know a lot about these stuff, my problem is that i bought the device in Israel and moved to Europe so i cannot return the phone.

Of course i tried to reset my phone and nothing changed 

does anyone know why i have these problems and how can i fix them?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@adarlevi: If your Galaxy S10e was intended for use in Israel, then it won't be compatible with Software Updates outside of that region, unfortunately. Software and hardware variances exist in our devices from country to country, and this will also cause compatibility issues with apps like the Google Play Store, which is likely to be why you're encountering the error with Google Play Protect. 

0 Likes
adarlevi
First Poster
Options

Hey thanks for responding!

I have to say it sounds strange, I started the phone for a few weeks in Israel and it didn't suggested any newer updates (although I didn't looked actively) do you think that if I go back to Israel the "Software update" category will appear on my setting?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@adarlevi: It's strange that the Software Update option isn't visible in your Settings menu. For reference, scroll all the way to the bottom and it should be there, above About Phone. If the phone was intended for use in Israel then you should be able to complete any updates while you're there. 

0 Likes
adarlevi
First Poster
Options

yeah the option is just missing from the menu, I tried the search bar for "software" or "update" didn't found anything

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-30 at 20.58.50.jpeg

0 Likes
sagdag
First Poster
Options

Did you solve the problem?

I have the exact same problem (also a new phone from Israel)

0 Likes
Toba45
First Poster
Options

Honestly, same thing is happening  to me , no system (software)  update, and i just got the phone. How can  it be resolved?

0 Likes