Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new bug since last week. screen flickers and rotates

(Topic created on: 14-12-2021 07:17 PM)
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
so maybe its just mine. I have a samsung s10. since grabbing the new update my phone keeps being weird. if in landscape ie in a game the screen will flicker and partially rotate before stopping and retunring to landscape, if watching a video in a browser when the glitch happens it auto launches the home screen and the vid appears in a pop up box. but when in portrait mode in app it just flickers and momentarily becomes frozen. from what I can tell, something is trying to launch or act and instantly stops. but whatever it is it reboots game launcher etc... however it doesn't reboot more reliable assistant apps like macrodroid.
 I've unstalled all recently added apps. 
I've used logcat extreme. however that showed so much that i could make heads of it. however it looks like something tried sharing something to tiktok but was rejected. (uninstalled tiktok last month) and some mention of denied access to cocktail bar service which I understand is to do with notifications. 
25 REPLIES 25
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
okay so it looks like samsung cloud and gallery were launched just before this happened. and it crashed.
0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
okay I fixed mine. I called samsung. and the dude laughed. saying my warranty had expired only 4 days ago... shame because the bug happened whilst under warranty and it was a samsung update that caused the issue. then he told me i could send it in to be flashed for £25. okay not unreasonable but thats a ***** take. if samsung are bricking devices deliberately just after an update... apple got sued for this just recently... to the tune of a 600m$+ in fines, lawsuits and settlements.

anyway I went to sam mobile and grabbed the firmware and odin . flashed and restored backup. all smooth again. took 6 hours to get the files.... (free limited speed) but then an hour to flash.

ngl this experience has done it for me. I was a samsung fan. I'll be looking for an alternative.
0 Likes
Leesha
First Poster
Options

Ah! This has been happening to mine, and started a few weeks ago too. I first noticed it when sending voice notes on Whatsapp - the recording would just stop itself without any interference from me. I can actually verify that this is constantly occurring every 5-6 minutes because the longest recordings I have been able to do at a time are this long, right after it has done the weird refresh. The other symptoms I had were:

• keyboard disappearing mid-typing
  • video calls minimising (again, every 5-6 mins)
  • videos changing from landscape to portrait 
  • screen flickering while in use

It doesn't seem to interfere with audio at all, because I can listen to Spotify, and calls are not interrupted, but it is extremely irritating. It started to happen after an update, so I patiently waited until there was another update thinking that the next one released would fix this bug. I got the newest update, and the issue is still happening! 

I've noticed a lot of bugs in recent updates and I'm really not impressed at this stage. They will probably eventually fix it with another update, but it's a very poor user experience.

0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
so worth mentioning if you leave a landscape app and return to portrait it won't ever record correctly this is just how they work. you need to stop recording, re record once in the correct orientation and eventually clip them together. I contacted samsungs software team about the bug they told me it must be a 3rd party app and i could remove them 1 by 1. I got so angry with them. but yes a full firmware refresh is needed. this is because the bug isnt actually in the upgrade rather caused by a clash in files between updates.
0 Likes
Tonytiger64
Student
Options

Exactly the same thing happening on my 10+ this morning after upgrading yesterday.

0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
well i found a fix . and that was to fully flash and on boot disable the one drive backup. but hold your horses the new update now breaks apps that draw over the screen lol...
0 Likes