Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing email folders

(Topic created on: 29-06-2022 02:54 AM)
ClaireIreland
First Poster
Options

I transferred everything from my S9 to my new S10 and my email folders didnt show.

I deleted and reinstalled the email app and some of my email folders are still missing.

The ones showing are empty so I cannot accesa saved emails?

29 REPLIES 29
easybrowser
Explorer
Options

That's great Yukenusa. I'll add something here. I likely have way too many folders and sub-folders on our company Linux based imap server. Yet, I doubt I am the only one.

I had mentioned that the problem came back again but I think I had some kind of corrupted folders on our email server and when I created new ones to replace those and moved all the emails to the new ones then deleted the old ones, that seemed to fix the problem for good - on top of removing my email account and adding it back again.

Yet, I still have one problem which I haven't been able to resolve: Namely, when I locate the folder and go into it, it is often only showing very recent emails and I can't get older emails to load. That just happened to me today before seeing your post here actually.

If anybody knows what settings I can change on my Samsung S21 to deal with this, please let me know.

0 Likes
easybrowser
Explorer
Options

ps. I upgraded from my S10 to an S21 not that long ago.

0 Likes
wisusanv
Apprentice
Options

I have had this same problem and never really looked for an answer before.  I don't know if this applies to you but on my S9+ there's a setting where you can choose which folders to sync.  Seems to have done the trick but apparently if you choose too many it slows down the process a lot.

Settings gear --> Apps --> Email gear --> email account --> Email folders to sync

0 Likes
easybrowser
Explorer
Options

Thanks for that input wisusanv. Just checked my account settings and it says to sync my inbox folder instantly but all other folders every 15 minutes.

Yet, it has an indicated "email sync period" of 2 weeks which I though I'd changed to "all time" and I just did that now.

Yet, there were lots of emails in the past 2 weeks in that folder I looked at today but only the one from today was showing up.

Other possible settings of relevance:

Email sync period: All time

Limit retrieval size: No Limit

Limit retrieval size while roaming: 2 KB

That last one was interesting as I was using my data plan but I wasn't roaming. I wonder if they really mean "using data and not WIFI".

0 Likes
Melok
First Poster
Options

that worked

0 Likes
Pietricello
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue. And we are on July 2022 not 2002!!! Well Samsung Z Fold3 5G , Android 12 and still this issues with simple IMAP or ActivySync? Ridicolous. I have my company mail since years and i have a lot of subfolder below "INBOX" because i like to sort years of important email ..and well this is not possible? I do not have words. Well i tryed all: remove/add again, configure as activesync then add/remove again...configure as imap..add/remove again and so on for one hour. Do not limit retrieval time (all time,all dimesion even in roaming) as the friend i work in IT since 30 years so i know what i do. The solution? Change Email Client. Samsung Email is as useless as few software con be. I use Spark Email...it's free and does not have this issues and the email notification arrive immediately. At least remove it from the store. OMG finding issues with email that is the oldest app/protocol on Internet is as sad as ridicolous especially for a big company as Samsung.

0 Likes
easybrowser
Explorer
Options

Does Spark Email have good picture resizing options when you attach pictures to it? I haven't yet found any android email client that does this as well as Samsung's native email does - including that you have simple options of 10% or 20% and the file name says the same except with "_resized" added to the file name. That is what kept me using Samsung email but I'm now not having any issues with accessing emails in my  imap folders and sub-folders so I'm glad I stuck with it.

0 Likes
Pietricello
Journeyman
Options

To be honest i don't know if Spark resize and how it resize pictures, simply because i use my mobile just to quickly have a look to my important mail and in case a quick reply when i'm on the move but if possible i manage most everything by laptop/tablet/desktop.

I'm happy that Samsung email for you works as per your needs. In my case, for instance, i won't interested in resizing pics or other specific tasks but accessing the subfolders is mandatory i think for everyone and it's a "must have" feature for every client. Honestly i dunno how it could works for someone whilst not for others (like me). I mean imap is a standard...anyway i was interested in S.Mail mostly because it support S/Mime (i think Spark as most client do not) and could be important also (not mandatory) to sign email on the move...but this is a plus...access subfolder is not a plus. Anyway, i wrote this just because i'm so surprised that others have the same issues...i mean over  1000€ smartphone and neither the native app. works as they should..no comment.

0 Likes
Pietricello
Journeyman
Options

Speaking about the picture, i'm not sure to understood what you mean about resizing. Well today just for my curiosity i tried to send a big photos using Spark. Well if you just drag&drop the pics in the message area it will be sent inside the message, it means that who will receive will see the pic inside the email. Obviously, as i think all the email client, you'll see a "preview" that is built just to fit the screen of the smartphone. In my case i sent to myself a big panorama picture and i can see it inside the email but obviously small. Anyway if you just click it you can simply choose to open the real size pics in gallery or whatever app you prefer so you can zoom or do what you prefer.

I don't know but i think this is the right behaviour for an email client...it could be not "handly" to manage the picture inside the mail, the preview give you the idea leaving other app to be used (in case) for further operations. I don't know if this cover your question...anyway you can give it a try is totally free 🙂

0 Likes
2old4this
Pioneer
Options
Today I noticed that I have lost the Saved Email Folders from 4 accounts which had very important stuff on my S22 ultra any solutions
0 Likes