Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging port no longer functioning

(Topic created on: 17-06-2021 06:52 PM)
GlivGluv
First Poster
Options

My phone no longer chargers via the charging port.

I am using the official charger, tried some other ones however it doesn't charge anymore.

Wireless charging still works, but it is a shame that the port appears to be busted.

Anybody experienced this?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Check the phone port
That nothing is in it
Like pocket lint / fluff
Stopping connection
Otherwise port may have worn
Loose when making connections
With charging connector
0 Likes
GlivGluv
First Poster
Options

I've checked all that. Still no joy.

0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Same happened on my Note 9 about six weeks ago GlivGluv following a software update. The charging port stopped working totally and a constant 'moisture detected' warning came up. I cleared the cache partition and dried the port gently using a hairdryer and left it in the sun etc. but it was dead. Luckily I have a good wireless charger so I used this to charge the device. No real problem. About 5 weeks later another software update dropped and after clearing the cache partition on this one suddenly my port was active again. Perfectly. Did this problem start for you after a software update GlivGluv?.. Even if it didn't a future software update could still rectify the problem for you. 👍👍
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
If its within 24 months warranty and you purchased it new... you could be eligible for a warranty repair provided that there is no damage to the device anywhere. I hope you get it sorted anyway.
0 Likes
GlivGluv
First Poster
Options

Yeah it's within the warranty period.

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Yeah... just try to back up all your data and media files and make a appointment at your nearest Samsung authorised repair centre or if its purchased from your network they have their own warranty procedures. You should be okay hopefully.
0 Likes
GlivGluv
First Poster
Options

Nearest Samsung shop is quite far away, about an hour.

Can you send it in via postage/courier?

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I've never had to book a warranty repair with Samsung but this link might help...

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

There's a option for doorstep warranty repair but I'm not sure what the limits are.
0 Likes
GlivGluv
First Poster
Options

When I go to select a symptom, I am unable to select a charging port issue?

I can only see battery, or wireless charging.

0 Likes