Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera and security policy s10

(Topic created on: 28-02-2022 02:50 PM)
Members_kG9Z7TE
First Poster
Options

My camera has stopped working and it says it's due to the security policy. Anyone know how to get it working again?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Rob99
Voyager
Options
Are you using the latest software? Security policies are usually updated at the same time as the software, but I've never come across this problem.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_kG9Z7TE   Check you are running latest software but that is not always the reason.  pull down the quick settings Menu and check if camera Access is turned on.  Alternatively go to Settings-Apps-Camera and check permissions, ensure Camera is Allowed.  Check to see if camera is working now. Could also clear Data/Cache  to Settings-Apps-Camera-Storage and clear Data and cache,Restart Device.  Another idea is to clear cache partition:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones  , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key (plus Bixby Key if phone has one)
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

if not solved can you run interactive checks for Camera.Sensors in Samsung Members to see if anything shows up.     Samsung Members-Get Help-Diagnostics.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes