Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Camera Secuity Policy Error

(Topic created on: 31-12-2023 10:05 PM)
FuzzyBBA
Journeyman
Options

Has anyone else came across the SECUITY POLICY PREVENTS USE OF CAMERA error since the December 31st (2023) update? 

7 REPLIES 7
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@FuzzyBBA  Check Diagnostics to see if any issue identified, Samsung Members-Support -Diagnostics. An idea to try in Safe Mode as sometimes third party app can cayse conflict, if camera is ok there would suggest recently installed Apps may be causing an issue.  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

However if still problem pull down the quick settings Menu and check if camera Access is turned on.  Alternatively go to Settings-Apps-Camera and check permissions, ensure Camera is Allowed.  Check to see if camera is working now. Could also clear Data/Cache  to Settings-Apps-Camera-Storage and clear Data and cache,Restart Device. 

Another idea is to clear cache partition:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Can also repair Apps from the same Recovery Menu.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

FuzzyBBA
Journeyman
Options

Yep, tried that. I've also opened the developer mode and turned on and off the sensor access, reset the camera settings, removed access from all apps except the camera for troubleshooting, deleted the camera data and cache, and another trick or two that I found online. It all started after the update last night. She literally had used the camera to take and send a picture to a friend, laid the phone down, and picked it up this morning to find out received an update and the camera wouldn't work. 

I can't put the phone on safemode because we have Family Link on it and the software prevents safe mode so she can't do go around on restrictions... if I knew I could get it running again if I took it off, I'd take it off to test it and put it back again... however, she's not installed any new apps in literally 2 months. 

Any other suggestions? I'm all ears! 

- Fuzzy

0 Likes
FuzzyBBA
Journeyman
Options

I also did the app repair in the boot up menu, but hadn't tried camera access from the pull down menu. Doing so, it said that the camera needed access to the camera (which is does have access to) and when i clicked to grant access, an error came up and said

FAILED TO OPEN CAMERA

CAMERA MAY BE IN USE BY ANOTHER APPLICATION

ID:0

- Fuzzy

jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
Have you unlocked the bootloader or rooted the device? This is a known issue with the camera after doing so
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@FuzzyBBA 

Do you receive that message if you run your device in Safe Mode?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
FuzzyBBA
Journeyman
Options

No, she doesn't know how to get to those options. 

0 Likes
FuzzyBBA
Journeyman
Options

Oddly enough, the banners just started working again. I tried the last few suggestions with no success and laid the phone down. She picked it up about an hour later and tried the camera and it popped up working... so, I'll take it for now.

0 Likes