Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery again

(Topic created on: 04-08-2021 06:45 PM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all , I've tried all sorts , dark mode , optimization etc ( don't like that , notifications delayed ) and as you can see my S10 Exynos is as good as ever , if I'm at work then I don't really use it so I'm left with about 25% left at end of the day BUT when I'm off at about 8.30pm it's dead !

Screenshot_20210804-163422_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Considering the apps and the amount of battery they have used it's not surprising. Firefox has almost used a quarter of your battery in less than 90 minutes is crazy. Another browser battery hog is Chrome, since the last update and we know most social media apps eat battery.
The issue is bad apps.
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Firefox is that because I've been browsing, chrome is normally disabled , I put it back on today just to compare something . The rest of the apps % is quite small

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

I understand what you mean , if all the % were small then you can say it's a battery issue , but if I'm browsing for a while it's to be expected but I don't expect it to use so much , Firefox isn't using anymore than what any other browser would use , infact , Microsoft edge used way more . So if I'm browsing for a while what do I do to not use battery ? 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's only recently Chrome has gone bad. I'm using the Samsung browser. Today I used 6.7% with 45 minutes use so it uses about 50% less than Firefox.
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Ok , I'll try stock browser and see what happens 

0 Likes
jackdee
Explorer
Options
Always have it on power saving mode it help alot and deleted apps that you don't use and only optimize vital apps plus also optimize android system and ui sytems
0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

I've done all that , I don't use any battery saving settings though because notifications tend to get delayed 

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

What phone do you use ?? 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
To be honest that's not bad for an aging s10 at all
0 Likes