Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 has caused the S10e to crash and become unstable

(Topic created on: 30-12-2022 05:19 PM)
churchillsonm95
First Poster
Options

Hey there,
As soon as I learned that you receive a notification whenever your microphone or camera is used, I decided to do all the updates, including the Jan 1st security update. My phone was completely destroyed by the updates, everything crashed, and there are bugs everywhere. Here are some examples:

(Bank apps should display notifications)

The YouTube app and YouTube music consistently crash or don't work

My subscription to Google Play Store expired 10 minutes ago, so I need to cancel it

Google Chrome has a lot of lag and sluggishness

When my internet connection is down while I'm locked out of Whats-App, I don't receive notifications until I open the app and unlock my phone.

Never sleep does not have any apps available for addition.

There has been a complete mess in the situation. The problem has occurred multiple times since I tried all the apps, all the generic solutions available, including cleaning the cache/data, relogging and restarting the phone several times in Safe Mode. We have tried everything. I cannot reinstall these apps since they came with the device. All settings related to unrestricted background usage, for instance, were browsed through. Since I have a lot of authenticators (personal and work) and the banking app, I cannot do a factory reset. My understanding is that I am not the only one experiencing issues following this update, so a fix should be released as soon as possible. It is not guaranteed that a factory reset will work after an update. There is a good chance that Samsung's latest software update is causing these issues, so they should be reported to either Google or Samsung.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ohwell
Journeyman
Options
I installed an update when I had a galaxy S10 + Afterwards could not use the 3/4 keyboard set up as predictive text was putting in words I hadn't typed or were not relevant to sentence, I've had an S 21 and now a Galaxy S22 ultra still the same issues, so have to use qwerty keyboard , all I get from Samsung is DM us from different staff members
0 Likes
rockyrockport
Apprentice
Options
Got the same with the note 10 plus
0 Likes
Guest5272
First Poster
Options

Same work phone situation, and smart switch fails and cannot backup apps/personal app data.

0 Likes