Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE does not stay connected

(Topic created on: 17-06-2021 07:21 PM)
MordechaiGMC
First Poster
Options

Hi - I have a Samsung Note 9 and the LTE connection does not work.

When I restart the phone, it says LTE and I'm able to send MMS (photos) or stream video.

However, after a very brief time, or after I move around with the phone or lock the screen, it goes back to the "H" connection. At that point, my ability to send photos, stream or even surf the internet is HIGHLY limited.

I have worked with my provider and Samsung and nothing works. I have checked all of the basic settings.

Is this a common glitch with the Note 9 and Note 10 (which I tried and also failed to work)?

IS there a fix?

Please help. I'm desperate -- have not had LTE in months and can't do half the things I need to do (mainly text images).

THANKS!

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
On settings
Connections
Mobile networks
Network Mode

Is LTE set to auto connect
0 Likes
MordechaiGMC
First Poster
Options

It's weird. I don't have a "network mode" option once I get into mobile networks.

I keep seeing this advice you mention and don't understand why I don't have this setting.

That said, I downloaded an app called Force 4G LTE Only Pro. It seems to be working so far after I used the app to make the setting LTE only.

I'm able to send texts with photos so far. We'll see if it keeps working or if there are any side effects from the app.

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Try
Swipe up.

Select Settings.
Select Connections.
Select Mobile networks.
Select Access Point Names.

Does the LTE
Setting show there
0 Likes
MordechaiGMC
First Poster
Options

Thanks

When I do that, the only option under access point names is "ATT Nxtgenphone"

It's selected, as it's the only option. It does not say anything about 3g or 4g/LTE.

I can't find that setting anywhere on my phone, which seems so odd.

0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
Do you not see this option under the Connections tab?Screenshot_20210617-202303_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
MordechaiGMC
First Poster
Options

I do see that. When I click on it, my only options are to:

-turn mobile data on or off

-turn international roaming on or off

-Allow 2g service when there is limited coverage (was turned on but currently turned off because I am now using an app to force the phone to stay on LTE)

-Access point names (which takes you a screen with one option only and says nothing about LTE, etc)

0 Likes
MordechaiGMC
First Poster
Options

And oddly enough there is no "network mode" option on my phone, which is where I think you can usually select 4g or 2g/3g and so forth

0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
Would you be able to send me a screenshot of the menu you see?
0 Likes
MordechaiGMC
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20210617-140534_Call settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210617-140526_Settings.jpg

0 Likes