Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I update a Note9 which was first used in USA at Verizon?

(Topic created on: 20-06-2020 09:52 PM)
DIB70
First Poster
Options

Hi. My son-in-law gave me his Note9 (he has a Note10+ now) which was previously used with Verizon in USA. Since I got it here in Romania (June 2019) I was not able to get any software upgrades. It keeps telling me that it cannot install updates. 

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options
@DIB70: Software variances exist in our mobile devices from region to region, therefore if the Note 9 was intended for use in the United States, then it won't be compatible with updates released in Romania. You can always try Smart Switch on your home computer to see if this works for you, although this is also likely to search for updates for your current region. To proceed, download Smart Switch via the link below, by clicking on 'How do I get Smart Switch on my PC or Mac' and selecting the relevant version. Once downloaded, connect your phone to your PC/Mac using your USB cable, and look for an update prompt on the Home screen, next to your device details.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

0 Likes