Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade joke

(Topic created on: 14-02-2022 02:09 PM)
Becki0169
Apprentice
Options
Samsung are not letting Note20 users upgrade to the s22 ultra because they brought out the flip and flop for us.no one is buying their gimmick phone so their dumping it on us. Utterly disgusted is how I feel after years of being a loyal customer. Don't waste your time trying with them as they keep sending links to nowhere
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
The fold is the successor phablet to the Note in theory but I can understand you not wanting to pay a huge amount for essentially beta testing folding screen technology for Samsung. An upgrade path to the S22 Ultra should be offered. What about starting petition on change.org for all the Note owners to sign and voice their disgust?
Becki0169
Apprentice
Options
That's a good idea, but not sure where to start with that
0 Likes
StargazerUK
Navigator
Options

Thankfully Samsung Screwed up my upgrade program on the Note 10. I Just paid up the remainder and then traded the phone in and Got the note 20 with no upgrade program as I would of missed out on pre order bonuses and I was not waiting an extra 2 months. I am so glad they screwed up and I got a good chance to bail on the program as now I  seeing what's happening and I now consider good timing.

Not everyone wants the folding Phone and Samsung made the assumption that the note owners would switch and that I find was not the case. I am interested in it but will only get when I feel it's in a good place and the Z Fold 3 was no where near where it needs to be I felt (Screen still to fragile and Battery could of been much larger considering it's powering 2 screens and the cameras could of been better). I feel Samsung should give Note owners at least an option as the new note is now basically the S22 Ultra. But I suspect your just going to have to finish of your contract and wonder if legal agreements prevent them from allowing it.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Samsung normally keep the upgrade programme to the same series and the Z Fold 3 came out before the S22 Ultra. However perhaps they will reconsider as the S22U really seems the genuine successor to the Note. Has to be said though that the upgrade programme will not suit everyone.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Becki0169
Apprentice
Options
They don't clarify that very well, upgrade programme states you can upgrade to they latest galaxy not the next model they put out there. They take a whim thinking note users would want the 3 series. In theory I would say the s22 ultra is the move on from the note, even the Samsung ad states that that phone is note worthy.
0 Likes