Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still not working 2 weeks now

(Topic created on: 26-12-2021 04:39 PM)
Pep4d
Explorer
Options
I asked for a mobile number change over 2 weeks ago I had it done and then they got round to sending me a SIM out but still nothing working... If anyone rings new number they get you have dialled a wrong number etc etc if I ring out from mobile it comes up giving out old number I had... if ppl ring it back it says you have dialed a wrong number..if ppl ring the new number it tells them aswell u have dialled a wrong number...... If I send a text ppl can text me on new number that's it... I've rang them everyday for over 2 weeks and getting no where I'm paying for a mobile I can't use it as no one can get me I have a lot of medical conditions and need this working ASAP.. Its been with the IT department god  knows how long still nothing back I ring every day and keep getting told  someone will ring you when we have an update still waiting....IT have 5 working days to sort a problem it's well past that..... I've just cancelled the direct debt cause I'm not paying something I can't get use off... On Friday I was told go to carphone ware house and buy a payg SIM why should I.. I pay enough for this... Even if I put this SIM into someone else's phone its very same... I have a lot with virginmedia and been with them since they first came to Dundee many moons ago I have oomph package 1 gb Internet Full package TV plus land-line and an unlimited SIM for this mobile if I cancel this mobile Dd will they cut all my virgin virginmedia off... They have done something but no one will help me to get this sorted I'm going to contact papers aswell about the way I'm getting treated I pay then lots a month and no respect back what ever... They keep saying someone will call its all lies has anyone any ideas please to help me with this big problem...its note 20 ultra 5g I have  Thank you in advance Pep 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Pep4d: I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. You mentioned that putting your SIM into another phone produced the same error. If this is the case then the problem lies with your network or current SIM, therefore I recommend getting in touch with your mobile network directly to report the problem and arrange a SIM swap to see if this helps. I understand that you have been in touch already, however if the problem is occurring on multiple devices then it needs to be addressed from their side. 

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Cancelling your direct debit you will need to be careful, as there will be consequences
If you have a contract with them and you cancel the DD, you may be liable to pay the full cost of the rest of your contract or cancellation fee's etc.
As well as possibility of affecting your credit rating.
Personally I'd see if they can send you a new SIM card with the new number. They can also send you settings to save to your phone
I take it you got the phone through them and it's an unlocked phone.
If its carrier locked to another network provider, you will not have proper use of it
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Dude, wrong site, you should be bitching on Carphone warehouse site or virgin, I stopped ready after second sentence
0 Likes