Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 20 Ultra stopped getting OTA updates after August

(Topic created on: 15-10-2021 02:27 PM)
Suxhe
Apprentice
Options

I have this phone since September of 2020 and everything was working fine till last August when I stopped receiving OTA updates.

I didn't root my phone, changed components or play with the settings in any way.

I'm from Israel,  bought the phone directly from a Samsung Store, so as my brother and mother that are keeping on getting updates.

I tried using Smart Switch on my PC and nothing happens, switching SIM cards isn't really doing anything.

So I really want to fix this problem without the need of resetting my phone, do you guys think I should just let someone at the store take a look at it?

I mean the warranty ended so I don't know what to do.

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@Suxhe: Are you still based in Israel? Can you confirm the Android and Security Policy versions you're currently on. You can find this information in Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Android Version, and Android Security Patch Level (at the bottom of the page). 

0 Likes
Suxhe
Apprentice
Options

Yes I'm still based in Israel

Android Version is 11 and Android Security Patch Level is August 1, 2021.

Is it the latest update for Note 20? Because I saw online that were supposed to get an October patch.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Suxhe: Updates are rolled out in batches, and I can't say definitively when you should expect the next security update in Israel. All I can suggest is heading to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Other Security Settings > Security Policy Updates, and making sure that this is toggled on. You can also manually check for updates via Settings > Biometrics and Security > Security Update. 

0 Likes
Suxhe
Apprentice
Options

Everything you mentioned is updated and working, I guess I'll just wait a bit more for these updates to finally arrive.

Thanks for taking your time though to reply and be helpful, really appreciated.

0 Likes
Majsta
First Poster
Options

Hello, i have the same problem

I don't know what to do

Did you manage to do anything?

0 Likes
Jcd21
First Poster
Options

Did you get your update. I've been experiencing the same issue. Samsung tells me they pic and choose who gets the note 20 updates. But as of now it's Dec 28th 2021 and still no Dec security patch and the word on line is that the note 20 gets Android 12 in January of 2021 ... samsung suggested me to take into a store just to have them put my device on samsung switch witch I've  been doing daily, I've filed a complaint with the ftc and fcc. I'd advise everyone else who has this issue to do the same