Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Note 10+ Password Attempts

(Topic created on: 19-07-2021 06:49 AM)
Chadto2000
First Poster
Options

How many password/pin attempts can be made on the Note 10 lockscreen before it disables for a set time? My old S8 used to disable itself for 30 seconds after 5 wrong attempts, but, I purposefully entered the wrong pin 20 times but my Note 10 didn't disable itself.

Also, I'm not referring to the 15 attempts followed by factory reset. It just seems weird that a stranger can attempt an unlimited number of times and the phone won't disable itself. Is there a way to set this up?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try settings, lock screen, secure lock settings and there should be a slider to enable factory reset after 15 attempts.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Chadto2000: I understand that you have already looked at this option, however as advised by @Pugs1957 the only way to disable your device following a set number of failed password attempts is via Settings > Lock Screen > Secure Lock Settings > Auto Factory Reset. 

0 Likes
Solution
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
It doesn't do that anymore, it used to be enabled permanently by default, now it doesn't even exist. Even if you use a password instead of a pin, it will still allow unlimited attempts without a delay. They shouldn't have removed it. That was a massive barrier against a brute forcing.

I also moved from an S8+ to a Note 10+
0 Likes