Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving update in note 10+

(Topic created on: 27-09-2022 02:03 PM)
Shree22
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone , recently brought Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus which is uae model it wont get updates and it is still in android 10. Asked service center they refused to update it. Plz tell me how to get the latest updates.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
dj9494
Voyager
Options
Since your mobile is configured with uae, it will receive updates when they are available in uae. To switch over( I won't recommend if you dont know what you doing) download a firmware for uk note 10 plus and install it via Odin. Please note, if you try make sure to do a research on it or else one small mistake can brick your mobile
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Shree22: If you are outside the region that the phone was intended to be used in, then this can cause compatibility issues with updates in your current location due to software variances that exist in our devices from country to country. 

As a possible workaround, please try installing Smart Switch on your home computer, and checking for updates via this channel. To begin with, please follow the link below, and click on 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' to download the relevant version

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your Note 10+ using the USB cable that came packaged with the device, and look for an update prompt on the landing page, next to your device details.

0 Likes
GarethR484
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same problems Shree22, did u manage to get a fix?

Also Andrew I've tried smart switch nothin comes up about the update and always says it's on the latest firmware of 3.1 android 11

I've tried odin but it will never pick up the phone on there, aliveness though the pc it's self always recognises the phone so I can transfer files which is weird
0 Likes
Shree221
First Poster
Options

I recommend you to manually flash the firmware of your country, its the only solution we have

0 Likes
DRxSoulz
First Poster
Options

Honestly, I've had this problem while owning the phone for the past two years. I bought it refurbished. All I did was take my old sim card out of my Note 5(T-Mobile) and popped it in, and let it restart and "Update to my carrier's software" and then when I went to my software update status, it now said that there were updates available. So I've just now updated from Android 12, from Android 10, as well as further updates with everything else.

0 Likes
GarethR484
First Poster
Options
Think that's the only thing to do as support on here from Samsung themselves are useless lol... only prob is odin doesn't recognise my phone even thou all updates are done and all drivers installed 😕 so I'm literally stuck
0 Likes
Michael Clark
First Poster
Options

How can I flash the update for my country? I live in the US. I want to know, especially if smart switch doesn't work from @AndrewL's post about it!

0 Likes
Gill42
First Poster
Options
My galaxy note 10 plus has been stuck on android 9 since I bought it, refurbished, samsung are telling me it is a US model ( I didnt know this)and cannot be updated in the UK.
0 Likes
VeryDisapointed
First Poster
Options
I'm very disappointed there is nothing wrong with my fone except it needs a new battery, but no security updates any more means security compromised. I got a good phone thinking it would last a long time and been stung in the pocket. But its awful for the planet too, what a waste of precious resources, not going too get another Samsung so so disappointed.
0 Likes