Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note10+ (N975F) OTA Error

(Topic created on: 18-04-2020 06:00 PM)
jaylence
Apprentice
Options

Greetings!

I hope everyone's safe during this difficult times.

I have this weird error on my phone which only started after installing the CTC9 update (this is OneUI 2.0 to OneUI 2.1 update with April Security Patch).

I always use OTA when updating my device. As much as possible I don't want to use Odin due to limited data plan.

Now, Samsung has released a new update (It's almost the same as the previous firmware. Same BL, AP, CP, except for the CSC build which was updated from CTC7 to CTCA). It only weighs 19MB OTA.

The sad part is that, everytime I checked for an OTA update, I always get this error:

"Couldn't download the update

Unable to update the software. A network or server error occured. Try again later."

I've already exhausted the options that I knew of.

- factory reset

- installed the latest update via Smart switch

- installed the latest update using Odin

- Downgraded to old firmware using Odin

- Changed to different CSC with same update history

Nothing in the above options fixed the problem.

Screenshot_20200417-204135_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Have you checked by using Samsung Smartswitch  ?

This is possibly something your going to need to let wait until the Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centres re open after the COVID-19 pandemic ends @jaylence 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
jaylence
Apprentice
Options

Yes. I've already used Samsung Smart Switch. 

First by using DBT CSC, I was able to get the update. But had trouble in downloading the update. I got an error saying my phone model cannot connect to the server.

I then changed my CSC to XEU (UK/Ireland), also got the notification update in SmartSwitch but same with DBT I was unable to download the update prompting me with the same error.

I then changed my CSC to XEF (France), again got the update notification in Smart Switch. This time I was able to download and update my phone to the latest firmware.

As excited as I was, after the update, I tried the OTA if it could finally connect BUT still no luck. Same problem as shown on the screenshot on my first post.

Other users on XEF had no problems with OTA.

I did try the Software Emergency Recovery in Smart Switch if it could help. But the latest version no longer support "Software Emergency Recovery and Initialisation"

AndrewL
Options

@jaylence: Not sure if this is down to an issue at the server side. I have passed this on for clarification, and will let you know as soon as I know more.

0 Likes
jaylence
Apprentice
Options

Thank you.

Very much appreciated.

0 Likes