Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTE 20 Ultra 5G Charging Issue

(Topic created on: 04-05-2023 01:12 PM)
Andrew Mellon
First Poster
Options

I have NOTE 20 Ultra 5g. This update 5.1 has  caused my phone to not charge properly..

it was perfect before the update... no other issues.

Had Samsung service centre tell me to change charging port, but it doesn't charge properly even on wireless charging so it is clearly a software issue. 

This is not an old phone and not cheap either.  Samsung need to provide a solution... using Samsungs now for about 15 years, and my employees.... this will be last if not resolved. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
I had the same issue. Clearing the cache solved the issue for me. Definitely give it a go.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Did the Samsung Service Centre have hands on with the phone or advise about the charging port over the phone @Andrew Mellon  ?

Do try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

You can also run the phone's diagnostic tool in the Battery and Device Care Section.

A Samsung Service Centre can assess your phone if they have hands on.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
Update: Clearing the cache only solved the problem for only 2 days on my device. I'm having problems again.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @EcoBubbleUser944. As the issue is persisting for you, I think it would be worth looking at other solutions. If you're using a genuine Samsung power adapter and cable, I recommend submitting an Error report as soon as you can. This will allow our developers to take a closer look at this for you.

To submit an Error report, please launch the Samsung Members app > Tap Support > Scroll down and tap Error reports > Choose a category of Error report to submit > Complete the required details and then send the report by tapping the send icon.

Please let me know when you get your Note20 Ultra charging as expected again. 

0 Likes
DrAngry
First Poster
Options

Ok so as of now I believe I have figured out the cause of the issue. Yes it's a bug in the phone software. However upon switching from usb-c to usb-c cord to usb-a to usb-c has the charging working on both sides of the usb-c connector. Ik it limits the charging speed of the phone but as of now this has been the only solution I have found until samsung releases an update to fix this. Also I use Anker brand cords as they seem to be the least affected by this issue. 6ft usb-a to usb-c cord btw. On Amazon for like $9 for 2. Every usb-c to usb-c cord I have tried and I've tried 8 brands thus far have either failed on both sides or only works as slow charging on 1 side only.

0 Likes