Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 20 5G not connecting to mobile network after One UI 5.1 update

(Topic created on: 01-04-2023 12:50 PM)
lg04
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G mobile and recently got an update to One UI 5.1. Ever since the update, I haven’t been able to connect to my mobile network. Everything was working before the update. I have tried a number of things to get it working including another SIM card, resetting the network settings, wiping the device partition cache and factory resetting the phone. None of these fixed the issue. I know the issue is with the phone update and not the SIM as the the SIM works in other phones. Is there any other fix or workaround available ? Is anyone else having the same issue ?

53 REPLIES 53
Members_7kSlYJd
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, I am so disappointed in Samsung...

Diegocop
Journeyman
Options
Hello, I have the same problem and without being able to do anything to solve it, nor do we have an answer from Samsung. I have a note 20 ultra.. after the July 5.1 UI update a couple of days ago.. I have lost network, it identifies the sim but it does not give a signal, the same problem that I see here
Diegocop
Journeyman
Options
any answer to this .. is that a samsung update has damaged my phone
andreifane
First Poster
Options
Same problem here, I tried everything but no luck. Samsung needs to give some solution
Karlitog
Student
Options

Any updates from Samsung on this? Seems like that update has caused allot of the same issue. My phone says No Network... SIM card is fine as it works in my note 10, and all suggested fixes don't work. 

LushMelody
Explorer
Options

So, I'm having a similar problem, so I'm not sure if this will work for you, but it's worth a try.

I don't get any mobile signal in my apartment (barely any outside within a 1 sometimes 2 block radius. Usually the signal goes from 1 or 2 bars or LTE, if that, to immediately full bars of 5G. NO ONE in the entire community, including business, knows why...), so I'm on WiFi and WiFi calling anytime I'm home. After the UI update, my phone no longer connects to a network after losing WiFi signal or when WiFi is turned off. I get an empty triangle (instead of bars), and sometimes it'll go into E (emergency cell signal). When I was with Sprint so many years ago, I had issues like this all the time, so I am pretty good at testing it different ways to get the phone to recognize the network again.

The kind of "work around" I found is: Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Operators and turn off "Select Automatically", select your carrier network, then once it says "registered on network" you can turn back on " Select Automatically" to get 5G again.

Nothing else I've tried works, not even rebooting, and this happens every single time I go from any WiFi to Mobile Data. This is extremely frustrating as when I leave my home, I'm usually driving. I have to leave the area, find a place to pull over, go through these steps just to have any signal... It's extremely frustrating, and dangerous in emergencies. Idk what is going on, but this needs to be fixed!

Note 20 Ultra 5G Factory unlocked on T-Mobile Network

0 Likes
MyNote20
First Poster
Options

Same here and I have tried everything and I really need this phone to work because I have a very ill dad, and if my mom needs to contact me and can't it will not be good.

0 Likes
MyNote20
First Poster
Options

Hi, My select automatically is greyed out and not allowing me to choose it and I also don't even show any Network operators😫

0 Likes
LushMelody
Explorer
Options

Hmm. Mine is greyed out when it's turned off, but I have multiple selections available. You might want to contact your service provider. That does sound like there might be a SIM card issue, though I'm not sure.

Screenshot_20230819_211055_Call settings.jpg

0 Likes
pkrupa
Explorer
Options

Thank you, this got me 5g back, great job troubleshooting. I spoke too soon. I can do email and it shows 5g but when I try to stream something it shows no connection even though it shows 5g on the screen. My only and working fix is to drop to 4g

0 Likes