Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprints keep failing

(Topic created on: 20-08-2023 03:33 PM)
Pipster61
Apprentice
Options
Hi all, since having a new genuine Samsung battery in my Note 20 5g recently, my fingerprint recognising keeps failing. After a few days of working use it stops recognising my prints and so unable to access certain apps I use fingerprint access. If I remove and reinstall a fingerprint again it works OK but a few days later boom, gone again. Really ticking me off now. Testing shows fp works fine but doesn't remember my print. Help plz... 😔
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi @Pipster61 It generally helps to have a few fingers registered twice, could try turning Touch Sensitivity off and on again before registering. An idea to clear the cache of the Biometrics. Go to Settings-Apps, next to Your Apps tap the 3 lines and select option to show system Apps. Look for com.Samsung.android.biometrics.app.setting.
Tap that and go to Storage-clear cache.

if still problems try clearing the cache partition which can sometimes sort this issue. Follow these steps:
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Screenshot_20230820_162922_Samsung capture.jpgScreenshot_20230820_163304_Settings.jpg

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Pipster61
Apprentice
Options
Thank you, I've deleted the cache file and put in extra Same prints now so fingers crossed. I appreciate the help. Regards Steve.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Pipster61 did a Samsung Service Centre replace the battery ?

To add a Samsung Service Centre can take a look at the phone as long as no work has been carried out by a non authorised Samsung Repair Centre. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes