Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi on mobile turns off when connecting to router

(Topic created on: 18-10-2022 12:27 PM)
Kitty82
Student
Options

I have a Samsung A13 and after the recent android update my mobile no longer connects to a particular wifi network.  As soon as my mobile tries to connect to the wifi network my mobile wifi just turns off.

However, my mobile has no trouble connecting to other wifi networks and other mobile devices are able to connect to the wifi network I can't connect too.

I have factory reset the mobile but the problem still exists.  

Has anyone else experience this problem?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'd try resolving this by deleting connection by forgetting the pairing and then on my Home Hub split the frequencies to 2.4GHz and 5GHz and then try setting the connection back up by connecting to one frequency and then the other.

You could try resetting your router too.

Certainly a conundrum with what's happening with your set up @Kitty82  !!

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Kitty82
Student
Options

Rebooted the router but that did not seem to do anything.

I will try to connect my mobile to the individual frequency.

0 Likes
VeeeroN
First Poster
Options

Hello. I got pretty much the same issue after i made my update yesterday. At this point I tried everything:

-Reseting router,

-Messing up with my phone options foundin another threads,

-Ended up at reseting my phone to factory settings.

Nothing did really work. Did You find any way to fix that?

0 Likes
Poohs
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have (had?) the same problem on board a ship going to France trying to connect to the ship's wifi.  In a ddition to the switching wifi off symptom, if the connection had "auto reconnect" enabled, it would "loop" round everytime I manually switched the phone's wifi back on, sometimes "crashing" the phone - the screen would go blank for several seconds and when it cam back on it was back at the home screen.  The only way to stop the loop was to use "reset network" option in the reset section.  This then had the unfortunate effect of then loosing my mobile network settings so the phone then refused to connect to the French networks when I got there, so no mobile internet !  Fortutuneatly I had a spare phone (Samsung A10) so transfered my SIM to that, which worked perfectly and even connected to the ship's wifi on the way back.  When back in the UK, the A13 behaved as if nothing had happened, connecting to my UK network (Vodaphone) and my home wifi.

When I got back to the UK, the phone did another update (it had done the September 2022 update before I left) so I dont know if this has fixed the problem or not as I wont be travelling out of the UK for sometime.

Is anybody from Samsung reading this thread ?  Is this a known problem ?  Any fixes coming or been issued already ?

Thanks everybody.

0 Likes
Poohs
First Poster
Options

Just off the phone from UK Samsung support.

The agent (UK based) remotely scanned my phone and checked all my settings and couldnt find anything wrong.  We discussed the possibility that the September update may have caused the issue and that the October update would fix it.  He was careful what he said but reading between the lines, this is likely the case.

He was very helpful and tried valiantly to find a full change log for the latest update to see if it identified any fixes for wi-fi issues,  but he couldnt.  At the very least he gave me a call reference number so if I experience the issues again, when I call back they will arrange either a repair or an exchange for the phone.

Maybe this information may be of use to others ?

0 Likes
dave h
First Poster
Options

Hi - exactly the same with A13 on morning of 22nd Sept after software update.

Wi-Fi switching off after 4 seconds, hanging app then black screen and message saying settings app not responding.  Unable to connect to TP Link router.

Spent afternoon of 22nd on phone with Samsung Tech support who couldn't figure it out  - phone sent off to Samsung next day and returned 10 days later with note saying nothing wrong with phone, all software up to date but seemed to ignore the problems that I reported!!

Problem still there when phone returned!!

Changed TP Link router for Sky router and connection problems miraculously disappeared!!

After Samsung October update carried out, routers switched back over this morning to find that everything is back to normal .

Obviously something that Samsung have known about, but wouldn't admit to! Not great customer service!

Someone from Samsung need to pick up this thread, apologise and explain what happened here!!

DH

0 Likes
Kitty82
Student
Options

I tried everything and nothing solved the problem so as my phone was still in warranty I ask for a replacement.  As soon as I got it and complete all the updates it just worked on my home router.

So I have no idea how the update caused my old A13 to stop connecting.

0 Likes
dave h
First Poster
Options

Definitely something in the September software update that caused the problem. 

Further update arrived a few weeks later in early October - unusual for a further update to be released by Samsung so quickly, .... unless they knew of the problem caused by the September update with some routers, and had a solution.

Samsung need to come clean of what they knew about this.

0 Likes
Poohs
First Poster
Options

In case anybody is still following this; I took my A13 abroad for the first time since the September/October updates and everything worked perfectly.

Interestingly, I spotted a few weeks ago Samsung made a bit of a horse's rear end of an update in Australia that caused a lot of problems.  Maybe they need to take a look at their update release processes ?

0 Likes