Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI calling not resumed when I come home

(Topic created on: 03-09-2023 04:41 PM)
Ron MacRae
First Poster
Options

I've a Samsung A34 with the latest one UI 5.1 software.

WiFi calling works fine when I power the phone on. When I go out and come home WiFi calling does not resume and I miss calls. The only way to get it back is to restart the phone, which is a pain.

I've seen various posts about setting WiFi preferred but I don't see that.

Any quicker way to get WIFI calling back? Switching it off/on in phone app options doesn't work.

Ron.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options

@Ron MacRae: Are you making sure to connect to your Wi-Fi network when you return home? If you head to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Intelligent Wi-Fi > Turn Wi-Fi on/off automatically > On, does this make a difference? Alternatively, if you toggle Wi-Fi off, then on again while you're in range of your home router, does this help? 

0 Likes
Ron MacRae
First Poster
Options

Yes my WiFi is working fine and works as soon as I get back in the house. My emails and WhatsApps etc come in even before I get in the door.

Switching WiFi off/on doesn't resolve the issue.

I've tried turn wifi on/off automatically. No difference.

The only thing that fixes it is a power off/on of the phone.

This has never worked correctly since I got the phone. I thought a software update might help but no joy.

0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Under connections>WiFi calling> There should be an option to choose WiFi or mobile preferred. I have the A54 not the A34, but it should be similar.Screenshot_20230904_194926_Wi-Fi Calling.jpg
0 Likes
Ron MacRae
First Poster
Options

Under connections I don't have WiFi calling. I only have WiFi and it doesn't have any options relating to WiFi calling. Even on the 3 vertical dots nothing related.

The only place I see WiFi calling mentioned is in the phone app if i select the 3 dots then settings.

0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
On my A54 WiFi calling is under WiFi in the connections menu.Screenshot_20230905_094348_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Ron MacRae
First Poster
Options

I don't have that. I have WiFi followed by Bluetooth. I guess the A34 is different.

0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
I think WiFi calling maybe network provider dependent. I would check with your cellular provider as I think WiFi calling setting is the same on the A34 as the A54.
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
0 Likes
Ron MacRae
First Poster
Options

Wifi calling works most of the time. Just not when I return home.  My A34 doesn't look like that A34. I bought it from Samsung as that's 50% cheaper than buying it on a contract from my network provider.

0 Likes