Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying Smartphone in Europe, but living in Central America

(Topic created on: 20-03-2023 12:01 PM)
AlCaporzel
Apprentice
Options

Hey there,

i already read a lot about Simlock. My girlfriend from Nicaragua is currently staying here with me in Europe. I want buy here a new Cellphone, cause hers not workin well anymore. I thought on A33 from Samsung.
My worry is now, when i buy this cellphone, she cannot use with her SIM (Centralamerica) when she comes home.
Yes, i read that when you use a call for 5 min here in europe with a europe simcard then is unlocked. 

But i dont trust it, means i buy now the phone and i cannot be sure if it works on Central America. What choices i have. So my questions:
1.) Samsung Smartphones still have Region lock? Or was that in past
2.) Can i check after 5 min calling via Options or something if the Cellphone is still locked, to get sure it will work with any sim in the world?
3.) ´Does Samsung give me easily a code to unlock it?

She has birthday and she will stay here until june. When she goes back i want she has a propoer working cellphone. For any suggestions i would be happy. Thanks a lot

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You'd have to check the network bands in the country the phone is going to matches with the phones network bands.
Chances are the 5G may not work and I'm not sure Samsung Pay will work with cards there
0 Likes
AlCaporzel
Apprentice
Options

Hey there,

thanks for your reply. Ah ok that is also something we have to check of course. But 5G is not something she will use. Is really just internet, calling - like using the cellphone :smiling-face: So my worries are more for the lock

Kind Regards

0 Likes