Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi and Bluetooth not turning on

(Topic created on: 21-03-2023 05:43 AM)
Emilia_B12
Student
Options
Can anyone help please?

My WiFi and Bluetooth toggles won't turn on when I click on them. I've tried safe mode, updating software, turning phone on and off, the lot but still nothing! I really want to avoid factory resetting. 

Thanks in advance. 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I appreciate you've tried some good troubleshooting already @Emilia_B12  👍 

Can you also please try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

You can also clear the apps cache in Settings  > Apps > Bluetooth > Storage > Clear Cache and if absolutely necessary Clear Data. 

If you can't see the Bluetooth option then you'll need to turn on show System Apps which is found by tapping in the little lined icon at the end of where it says ' Your apps '

Also please run the diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members app.

Ultimately a back up and Factory Reset maybe the next logical step and or let a Samsung Service Centre take a look or send feedback via your Samsung Members app.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
generali
Student
Options

For what it is worth I have exactly the same issue, with additional problems with the camera app (sometimes it crashes sometimes not). For me, the WIFI, BLUETOOTH & MOBIL HOTSPOT toggles are not working. This happened after the latest software update

I tried the factory reset just now but it doesn't solve the issue

0 Likes
Emilia_B12
Student
Options
The way I fixed this was to do a mini hard reset. I held the on/off button down for about 15 seconds and it automatically resets the phone. This worked for me. Hope it helps!
0 Likes
MagnaSharp
First Poster
Options

Just started happening to my fold 4 today also, was about to reset until I read about it not working when folded, well it's the opposite for me, they both work when folded and turn off when open. This sucks, I wanted to hold out until the fold 6 was out but I can't have a phone that doesn't have working Bluetooth or wifi 

0 Likes