Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it not sending my messages in chat type?

(Topic created on: 16-08-2023 11:36 AM)
thejl22
Pioneer
Options
Hey guys 

I don't know if anyone can help me but I've got my default message type set to chat and the if chat isn't delivered type set to text message or multimedia message. Every time I send a message now it aways sends it as a text message. So do I keep it set at always ask if chat isn't delivered instead of resend as text message or multimedia message?

Many thanks 

Take care 

From Jamie 
2 REPLIES 2
ValWeaver
Journeyman
Options
Do you send chat messages when not connected to the internet, either via a WiFi or a mobile data connection? Chat in Samsung Messages uses a similar system to iMessage on iOS, in which a message will default to SMS or MMS when not connected to the internet, again via WiFi or mobile data.

Also, Chat, as with iMessage, only works with devices in the same ecosystem (Samsung for Chat, Apple for iOS), so are the devices you're sending the messages to Samsung devices? Cause unfortunately Chat doesn't work across all Android devices, and DEFINITELY NOT WITH APPLE DEVICES.
thejl22
Pioneer
Options
@ValWeaver oh no its fine now I managed to sort it but thank you for your advice though much appreciated. :smiling-face:
0 Likes