Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp no longer makes video calls when on Wifi

(Topic created on: 15-05-2021 11:30 AM)
StuartG76
Apprentice
Options
Sine getting good the last Android update my wife an I can longer make video calls on WhatsApp when connected to WiFi.

I freezes and says reconnecting. 

We have checked the software states etc, and the only solution is restart the router. Everything works for about a day themmn fails again.

Note: Everything worked before the Android update.
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try clearing your system cache. If the last update was to Android 11, you can expect issues with most social media apps as few are fully compatible with Android 11.
0 Likes
StuartG76
Apprentice
Options
Makes no difference. The only way I anx my wife (both a50s) can use WhatsApp video call is either on mobile data or by resetting the router.

Really disappointed that this update has caused problems and all the offered solutions by WhatsApp, android and everywhere else on the Internet basis say clear the cache, reset/reinstall the app or turn it off and on again. Nothing provides a longer turn fix. All because of of an Android 11 update.
0 Likes
StuartG76
Apprentice
Options
Would be interested to know if other a50 owners are suffering the same issue?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes, you would think the app developers would make their apps support a new OS. Having said that FB, Instagram and WhatsApp are poorly coded so it's not surprising.
0 Likes
Bannockburn68
Student
Options
WhatsApp is ***** and it just cloggs your phone up get it uninstalled lol
0 Likes