Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather widget and app permission icons in notification panel

(Topic created on: 15-04-2022 11:46 AM)
AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
Since updating my a51 to android 12 I'm having problems with the weather widget. It doesn't seem to load and when I try to refresh it im having the same problem I've tried a few things but no luck.

Also when I go into certain apps I get a green dot or a camera icon in the notification panel for a few seconds, is this something I can get rid of or is it something I'm gonna have to get used to? 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
The green dot is a privacy alert from Android 12, it's to alert you that the selfie camera and or microphone have been activated by an app. The weather is hit and miss on Android 11 too at the moment. The widget I use is Google Now and it seems to be a server stability issue their end.
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
The green dot indicates if a camera or microphone is being used in what applications and with the weather widget remove it and re apply it again and it should sort it out
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
And make sure you update your apps after updating to android 12 to make sure everything works correctly
AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
I've removed the widget, cleared the data and cache. Still the same 😭
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
Did you update the apps , sometimes that can play a part on things not working correctly too ? Let me know
0 Likes
AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
All apps updated.
0 Likes
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
I don't wanna recommend factory reset but use that as "last resort" only thing I can recommend is reset all settings that should solve and double check in the weather app that you location is set to agree and maybe set the app to update every hour , I hope this comes to somewhat of a help again let me know
0 Likes
AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
Obviously I want to avoid a factory reset if I can. I've reset the settings and still nothing I'm gonna have to just download a different weather widget till they sort the problem 😭

Thankyou for trying to help though.
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
Sorry to hear that you couldn't get it working 😔 check for future updates with the weather app that might solve the issue sorry I couldn't be any more of help

All the best