Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint sensor not working

(Topic created on: 15-04-2022 10:02 AM)
aLLemanio
Apprentice
Options

Like one month ago, my fingerprint sensor stopped working. I have an A7 2018. I restarted the device multiple times, it didn't worked even to enter in the biometric settings to remove the fingerprint. After like 5 restarts i managed to enter and remove it and i tried to add a new one, it worked for like 5 minutes then it stopped.

I tried to delete the cache partition and still not working. 

I hesitate to reset it because i have too many things in my phone

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
aLLemanio
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20220415-115810_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi @Al Lemanio The fingerprint sensor tends to work best if you register different fingers a few times. Can you try this if not the method you have used. Know you have already wiped the cache partition.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
aLLemanio
Apprentice
Options

I already added a photo where i tried to open the biometric settings but i can't. I can't open the settings to add or remove new fingerprints. It says that an error occured on fingerprint sensor and if it's persisting, to restart my phone. I even tried the code *#0*# and make a test for the fingeprint sensor but at version it says: "Null" and if i test it, it will stop working and crash.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Al Lemanio,I thought you managed to access the biometrics eventually. Anyway you could try  Safe Mode to see if you cannot pinpoint anything there by pressing and holding down Volume Down and the Power button for 5 seconds  followed by Restart https://samsungtechwin.com/how-to-turn-off-safe-mode-on-samsung/  . Otherwise from the Recovery Menu option to repair apps, if to no avail though  really need to perform a Factory Reset., though realise this may be frustrating. Obviously ensure Data is backed up before performing this action.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes