Did you mean: 

VPN Questions.??.

(Topic created on: 18-03-2021 12:10 AM)
CodyH
Voyager
Options
Do need get one.?

And whats best one to get?
Do need get different ones for difference devices or one work for all.?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's a personal preference in this fay and age of uncertainty @CodyH 

Personally I feel I don't.

There are many free options which can be limited unless you then upgrade to their pro  / premium versions etc.

As a rule of thumb I've found the paid for versions to be better with more options and features  / functions etc.

Perhaps perform a Google search for more information and look at YouTube reviews.

Look at user reviews for the one's in your Playstore.

In regards to which devices they'll work on and if you can use the same one across a range of devices then that'll be in the specs list of the app.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Depends on what you actually need it for.
If your downloading torrents then you need one with good p2p support and optimization.
If you do important business and need to ensure all your traffic is encrypted and not logged, then you need to do ALOT of research, as many vpn providers say they don't keep logs, but they do.
If you just want to spoof your location or hide your searches from your isp, then you can use any.
If you're doing illegal stuff, or anything that the government may want to track, then use Tor instead.
If you just want privacy, then don't bother, using a vpn does barely anything to protect your privacy, you can still be identified and tracked using unique device identifiers, cookies, many ways, and most people don't know how to protect against it, meaning that using a vpn is like walking into a hail of bullets with metal shoes, and thinking your protected, you are, but not in a way that counts, and it just creates a false sense of security.
Until you can decide what you need from a vpn, you can't make an informed choice. There are many different features that make some better than others, such as kill switches, auto connecting, p2p support, virtual servers, which protocols they use, what speeds u can expect or need....the list goes on. You need to learn about this before you can get advice on which one is best.
My recommendation, don't bother, anyone who needs to think about if they need it, doesn't need it. The only legal mainstream use for a vpn is location spoofing to access streaming content not available in your country, on platforms like Netflix.
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Do you have a security suite featuring vpn on a pc? if you do, you are able, generally, to download a complementary copy of the av and vpn onto your phone. I have F-Secure (through Virgin Media) on my phone. It comes with Freedome, which is their vpn package.
0 Likes
CodyH
Voyager
Options
I do want to be more secure online, but one main is to access downloaded that blocked my country or sites.
like zippyshare. (extra.)
and for all 3 pc, phone and tablets.
0 Likes