Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very bad quality sound when video recording on Samsung A14

(Topic created on: 31-05-2023 12:52 PM)
GeoffSalt
Journeyman
Options
Just got an A14 and sound is very tinny and distorted when videoing guitar playlng. Never had this problem on earlier Samsungs. The sound is mushy as though some special effect is turned on. Voice sounds weird too, degraded somehow. But when I record sound only on J4T app, all is fine!
Anyone else aware of this? Tech support are no real help, they said all my videos were distorted, even on the S20 a few years ago. They said I was too close to the mic. I sat further away and the sound was still awful.

They liked the J4T sound (recorded on same phone). The trouble is I can't run J4T and Samsung video record at the same time!
Anyone got any ideas please?
36 REPLIES 36
Bellini63
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue , gonna call my service provider and ask for a non Samsung phone , really dissatisfied with the sound quality,
0 Likes
Neptunehammer
First Poster
Options
Returned my phone but replacement has the same problem and I'm tied into a long contract with a ***** phone.
0 Likes
-Jonny-
Apprentice
Options

I'd definitely recommend trying the 'Open Camera' app from the play store and then going to:

Settings > Video settings > Audio source and select 'Unprocessed'

The audio quality on videos recorded through the Open Camera is then much better, though the volume is quite low (at least this can be boosted by editing). The 'Quik' app from GoPro lets you boost audio when you edit videos if you're sending them to other people - not ideal but it works!

Samsung should definitely be able to fix this with a software update.

0 Likes
Zeta H-D
First Poster
Options

I have the A05s with the exact same problem. I just got it and when I play back my videos it sounds like it's underwater.

0 Likes
MarioEC53
First Poster
Options

I am trying to be fair, but my Samsung S6 was outperforming the S14 hands down until the battery conked out . I noted comments on Open Camera app and am still trying, but when I go on my holiday of a lifetime it had better be solved.

0 Likes
scrumpy1973
Journeyman
Options
Done that,chosen unprocessed and its so quiet. Sound quality ok but hardly audible.
0 Likes
Members_1q6IFJC
First Poster
Options

I keep thinking the same, at least now I know that it's not me.  Shame for us all though.

0 Likes