Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very bad quality sound when video recording on Samsung A14

(Topic created on: 25-11-2023 05:55 PM)
GeoffSalt
Journeyman
Options
Just got an A14 and sound is very tinny and distorted when videoing guitar playlng. Never had this problem on earlier Samsungs. The sound is mushy as though some special effect is turned on. Voice sounds weird too, degraded somehow. But when I record sound only on J4T app, all is fine!
Anyone else aware of this? Tech support are no real help, they said all my videos were distorted, even on the S20 a few years ago. They said I was too close to the mic. I sat further away and the sound was still awful.

They liked the J4T sound (recorded on same phone). The trouble is I can't run J4T and Samsung video record at the same time!
Anyone got any ideas please?
36 REPLIES 36
oldbeadbird 111
Journeyman
Options

I sent it back to my supplier, I now have my old A40 back up and running.

0 Likes
oldbeadbird 111
Journeyman
Options

Doesn't matter what we pay, it should work. 

oldbeadbird 111
Journeyman
Options

Have gone back to my old A40 , if we buy a product it should be fit for purpose,

0 Likes
Options

Hi there Jonny. 

I followed your recommendation and installed the "Open Camera" App, and as you said, the audio was perfect but had low volume. Can you run it across if you find a fix for that?

-Jonny-
Apprentice
Options

Hi Mide, yep I'll let you know. I saw on a forum someone had requested an 'audio gain' setting for open camera but it doesn't look like they've added it yet unfortunately.

0 Likes
scrumpy1973
Journeyman
Options
Yep. Just been to a gig. Played back the recording and its quite frankly embarrassing.
0 Likes
scrumpy1973
Journeyman
Options
I cant find the suggested settings anywhere when i open my camera app. (?)
0 Likes
-Jonny-
Apprentice
Options

You'll need to download a new camera app called 'Open Camera' unforunately to access the required audio settings. After updating the settings they will only be applied to videos taken with the new app

0 Likes
scrumpy1973
Journeyman
Options
So ive installed it and removed the default camera app. Is there anything else I need to do?
0 Likes
Members_2bFfj01
First Poster
Options

I have this phone for  few weeks and recording is terrible.

On the next concert i will try OpenCamera, but when I made a test video using it sound on the record was good, but very quiet. Any app recomendation when I can make it louder without much effort?

0 Likes