Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] A70 "USB connector connected/disconnected" notification spam

(Topic created on: 21-10-2019 12:23 AM)
aligunes
Apprentice
Options

############################UPDATE###################################

So guys, I sent my phone to Samsung Care Center and they actually did pretty good job on this. They were fast, they were caring. Only issue was the lady I talked with phone. She was a bit mean but understandable.

So according to the report they sent me, 2 parts changed:

1-) A/S-Tape Back Cover OUT;A99200 - 1 Piece

2-) ASSY SUB PBA-FPCB- 1 Piece

and I am not getting any errors, looks like the final solution.

Peace

Ali G.

############################endUPDATE###################################

Hi guys and gals,

I have been getting that notification, and it keeps my phone awake, drains it's battery and making my life miserable. I was thinking to go Samsung's authorized service place; (I am in college, in a different city from my family so they have the phone's bill and box) waiting for the package from my family.

Anyway, my phone said there is a Security Update, October.

.. I just updated it and Poff.. The notification error was no longer there. It's been 2 hours and maybe they handled it finally.

I will update this post after 6 hours but I think you should all just update now.

0 Likes
75 REPLIES 75
Kolex
First Poster
Options

@aligunes wrote:

############################UPDATE###################################

So guys, I sent my phone to Samsung Care Center and they actually did pretty good job on this. They were fast, they were caring. Only issue was the lady I talked with phone. She was a bit mean but understandable.

So according to the report they sent me, 2 parts changed:

1-) A/S-Tape Back Cover OUT;A99200 - 1 Piece

2-) ASSY SUB PBA-FPCB- 1 Piece

and I am not getting any errors, looks like the final solution.

Peace

Ali G.

############################endUPDATE###################################

Hi guys and gals,

I have been getting that notification, and it keeps my phone awake, drains it's battery and making my life miserable. I was thinking to go Samsung's authorized service place; (I am in college, in a different city from my family so they have the phone's bill and box) waiting for the package from my family.

Anyway, my phone said there is a Security Update, October.

.. I just updated it and Poff.. The notification error was no longer there. It's been 2 hours and maybe they handled it finally.

I will update this post after 6 hours but I think you should all just update now.

0 Likes
mrmynx
First Poster
Options
Same here...let me know how to rectify the issue if you find out..thanx
0 Likes
Leverage97
First Poster
Options

Had this problem for a week now but finally fixed it 

Back up all your stuff on your phone then factory reset it 

That's what I've had to do with my A70 and it stopped the notification and stopped connecting and disconnecting and I was working perfectly again hopefully that helps you 

0 Likes
SGfoxx
First Poster
Options

For people still trying to find a software solution I have one that will just block this notification completeley.

*Download the app called "autonotification"

*Start it up

*Select "notification blocking"

*In next screen press the + icon on top right

*There is a question pop up now, answer "no"

*search the list for "android-system" or whatever it is in your language.Select it and press ok and ur done.

0 Likes
mrmynx
First Poster
Options

Thanks. I actually got so pissed I called my carriers service center (Koodo) and the guy said no problem shut your phone off for 3 minutes I'll call you back.

Sure enough I don't know what he did but phone now works fine. 

0 Likes
dasterit99
First Poster
Options

So i d'not knoe if it's working for a70 but the a80 have the same issue i bhought it on 6 december and until 11 january it didnt have any problem.i fixed the won't turn of screen.If u heat enough the port eithout damaging it you can solve the problem the thing is until yesterday i didn't got the usb notification and now im stuck with that so after all i think there is a bug in the last update 

0 Likes
FlorinBR
First Poster
Options
Last two battery charges without problems

I have the same problem with the A70 ....

For the moment I have solved the problem (I hope). I used the charger but also the cable from Huawei (you can try another samsung charger, I used my wife charger) and it is 2nd charging since I have no problem with this notification. I tried the drying method of the phone but it did not work for my phone.

In case that notification still appears I will notify you!

0 Likes
SLS
First Poster
Options

I have an A70 purchased in late October 2019. I have getting the "USB notification" for a couple of weeks. Today it drained my batter to 27%. I've tried some of the solutions that have been suggested here. The one that seems to have worked for now is as follows:

1. Settings

2. In the search bar type "system"

3. Scroll down and select "Android System"

4. Select "Storage"

5. Seclect the "Clear Cache" button.

For now, it has stopped the notification from appearing and my phone didn't give me the "slow charging" message that it has been giving me every time I charge my phone recently. Hope this helps someone else out there. It's been very frustrating that this happened during the COVID-19 shut-in. So, fingers crossed that I found a permanent fix, or at least a fix that gets me through the quarantine.

Stay safe. And healthy.

SS

0 Likes
Sam117
First Poster
Options

Could you please show me how you rooted your phone and got rid of the notification and battery problem?

pyejhai
First Poster
Options

I did not root. I simply youtubed "how to clear cache partition" and the problem went away.

0 Likes