Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted ringtone and notification sound option on A52s

(Topic created on: 04-01-2022 03:34 PM)
Judesman
Navigator
Options

When selecting Settings/Sounds/Ringtones or Notification Sound an option to select Zedge (Always) or SecSoundPicker (Just once) appears. This is my wife's A52S. On my S21 the same selection takes me straight to the complete list of sound options without having to select Zedge or SecSoundPicker. If I select Zedge (Always) I am stuck with Zedge and cannot access the phones lists of sounds and the only way to get over this is to uninstall Zedge. If I select  SecSoundPicker then I can access the complete list of sounds.  How can I remove this irritating option from my wife's phone without removing Zedge.  Any ideas please.Ringtone option on A52.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Set a ringtone on your Galaxy device

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088022/
0 Likes
Judesman
Navigator
Options

Many thanks.  I am trying to remove the option that appears on the A52s that isn't on the S21. where both phones have Zedge installed but the option only appears on the A52s.

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Try going the My Files app
Downloads
And delete
Zedge download
0 Likes
Judesman
Navigator
Options

The Zedge app doesn't appear in downloads but if I uninstall the app then the option does not appear in Ringtones and Notification Sounds. So, that solves the problem - but not really as I should be able to have Zedge on the phone without the option appearing.  thanks for your reply.

0 Likes
GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options
Clear the defaults or at the same screen, select SecSoundPicker as always. This will solve your issue.
0 Likes
Judesman
Navigator
Options

Ah! That sounds promising. How do I select SecSoundPicker as always, please?

GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options
Sorry if I am replying too late. Hold the app for 2 sec and tap the icon. Zedge app info will show and find default. Clear defaults and next time you'll find the app selection dialog again.
0 Likes
Judesman
Navigator
Options

Thanks for your help that is appreciated. I tapped information, that took me to Notification Sounds where it states: "No defaults set".  Tapping on that gives me some options but I have no idea how to set a default.  I simply cannot understand the instructions.  I have decided to delete the Zedge App. That solves the problem. This is very odd as there isn't any problem with the S21. 

0 Likes