Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unwanted Opera News notifications

(Topic created on: 22-04-2023 02:59 PM)
Philip95
Apprentice
Options
Hello everyone

I have a refurbished Samsung A10 phone after an insurance claim when my previous A10 was damaged. I keep getting Opera News notifications constantly egen though I have not got the Opera browser or Opera Mini browser apps on my phone so I appear to have no way of blocking these notifications. I can only think they must come from some previous install remnants left over on my phone? Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get rid of these really annoying, and almost constant notifications?

Thanks in anticiption (another 2 'content hidden' notications as I have typed this short note)

Phil
0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ry-Galaxy
Pathfinder
Options
When the notfication next pops up, press and hold it and see if it shows you what app has pushed the notification.

Also just incase its browser my try clearing out all your cookies etc.

View solution in context

Solution
Ry-Galaxy
Pathfinder
Options
Absolutely no issue at all, glad I could help, if this had worked could you mark it as solution please, cheers!

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Ry-Galaxy
Pathfinder
Options
If you go on Settings > Apps then show System Apps, you'll have a full list of apps installed, if you find any Opera apps, you can try uninstalling or disabling it
0 Likes
Philip95
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for your respone Ry-Galaxy, lots of apps there I hadn't noticed before but nothing related to Opera and so I am still baffled. I have even tried installing Opera and Opera Mini and blocking 'all notifications, but I still keep getting them. I have searched for other solutions on the internet but no luck so far. I appreciate your suggestion though. Thank you.
0 Likes
Solution
Ry-Galaxy
Pathfinder
Options
When the notfication next pops up, press and hold it and see if it shows you what app has pushed the notification.

Also just incase its browser my try clearing out all your cookies etc.
Philip95
Apprentice
Options
That may have worked as when I held down the notication it came up with 'Opera News' with a list of several options on radio buttons. I have disabled those notifications and remain hopeful that may have sorted it. Thanks for your time and knowledge Ry-Galaxy. I appreciate it.
Solution
Ry-Galaxy
Pathfinder
Options
Absolutely no issue at all, glad I could help, if this had worked could you mark it as solution please, cheers!
0 Likes
Philip95
Apprentice
Options
All done. Thanks again.