Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync A50 Phonebook to Car

(Topic created on: 05-10-2022 06:11 PM)
tonymccl
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Having recently had problems with my A50, I decided to undertake a factory reset, backing up the phone using Smart Switch prior to the reset. Prior to backing up, I had uploaded the latest version of Smart Switch to my PC.

Having reset the phone, I restored the phone and everything appears to be working.

However, when I connect the phone to my in-car system (Ford Sync), I now cannot get the phone book or contacts to upload. Prior to this, I had absolutely no issue, even when I had previously had to restore the phone through the old version of Smart Switch.

I checked that the problem was not with Ford Sync, and my S8 phonebook downloaded without any problem - this had only ever been backed up/restored using the previous version of Smart Switch.

I have tried downloading the contacts to the SIM card, but this makes no difference. I can only surmise that the new version of Smart Switch has saved the phonebook/contacts in a different format.

If anyone else has experienced this and has managed to resolve it, your knowledge would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
tonymccl
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for that - I'll give it a try later on and let you know how I get on.

tonymccl
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks Galaxyyouser2022. It looks as if when I reset the device, it also reset the bluetooth settings for Ford Sync and had disabled contact access. Have just changed this and phonebook now downloaded. Thanks again.

0 Likes